Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review – Street Test

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-zx6r-review-street-test-87898.html">2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review – Street Test</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R Review – Street Test in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Thanks for the follow up. The street is where these things live after all. The new Ninja looks like a versatile machine, able to really tear it up on the track, but somehow broad band enough for street use.

Perhaps the new GSXR750, formerly my idea of the perfect balanced sport bike, is a 600. It costs as much as a 750 did just a short while ago.

The cost over over 10K out the door makes me wonder who will buy these things new though. So many good used bikes on the market with more engine capacity for far less money, especially in the deepening crap economy we find ourselves in. More and more good used bikes will hit the market as people take it in the economic shorts.

Perhaps we have reached the point where bikes have evolved beyond the audience's reach. I guess Kawi has that budget base well covered, they still sell the Ninja 500 and the Ninja 650 too.

None of this senseless ramble is the ZX's fault though, it appears to be a fine motorcycle.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Funny that - with the debut of the EX650/ER6-N, the EX500 was supposed to go to its grave. Yet still, here it is with every year a BNG year since 1994.........

Mind you, I'm not knocking the 500 - it's as capable as ever it was, and Kawasaki sells every one they make. I just can't figure why it couldn't be updated a bit in the suspension dept. - how much could a late-'90s supersport's forks and brakes be? Parts that Kawi amortized-out years ago.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Yep thats a 600. Wish they made one 1/3 bigger. Physically...

Cool, edit is back

Last edited by 12er : 01-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:13 AM   #5
anrajala
Founding Member

These modern 600 sports bikes are getting so damn good these days I almost wish I didn't hate them. Never in the market for a sports bike I must confess I am changing a bit. Went to see the annual motorbike show in Helsinki yesterday and quess what was the MOST BEAUTIFUL bike on the show?

Ducati Sport 1000 S.

My God that's the most beatiful thing I've ever seen. Retro cafe-racer style in bright red. Sigh. Before setting my eyes on this one never liked Ducatis before, overpriced and overuncomfortable craps. Is it time to learn a new riding position?

Other interesting note on the show was that the prominently showcased new V-Max which had on top two models with absurdly large bosoms. Somehow it all seemed to make perfect sense.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Could you handle more than 64 horsepower?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
anrajala
Founding Member

>Could you handle more than 64 horsepower?

What makes you think I can handle 64 hp? When we raced our Kawi H2s (which also has something like that) to the summer cottage through winding gravel road I used to have some unpleasant moments of serious doubts

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
These modern 600 sports bikes are getting so damn good these days I almost wish I didn't hate them. Never in the market for a sports bike I must confess I am changing a bit. Went to see the annual motorbike show in Helsinki yesterday and quess what was the MOST BEAUTIFUL bike on the show?

Ducati Sport 1000 S.

My God that's the most beatiful thing I've ever seen. Retro cafe-racer style in bright red. Sigh. Before setting my eyes on this one never liked Ducatis before, overpriced and overuncomfortable craps. Is it time to learn a new riding position?

Other interesting note on the show was that the prominently showcased new V-Max which had on top two models with absurdly large bosoms. Somehow it all seemed to make perfect sense.

- cruiz-euro
Ever seen the Mike hailwood replica? That thing is gorgous too.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

The ZX arrived this past week to our showrooms, man is it ever light. Pretty soon their just going to explode when you drop it.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Hey, what's with all the bad behaviour of doing wheelies on the street? And since it looks like you were in Angeles Crest at the time, I'm sure you'll be getting a summons from the "Briggs Pigs" (aka La Crescenta Police) in the mail pretty soon.

Wheelie ticket fines are around $900.00 bucks now, 'specially if you're going over the speed limit when you get caught.

So watch it and don't give bad examples to the younger generation by posting exhibiiton of speed pictures and reckless driving on an otherwise fine website.

Hahhah, yeah right...can I interest anyone in some beach front property in Mexico?

I did a big wheelie in my electric wheelchair yesterday in Burbank and some cop hauled me over and gave me a good lecture about "being safe" in my chair. Just call me Mr. Lucky....

Neat lil' Ninja btw. Only 107 horses? How girly is that?