Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF Review

Original Article:
2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Gee, another 300 lbs. 250cc four stroke putting out 20 hp at the rear wheel. 92 mph at top end is pretty good I must admit. Ah, hell, what do I know anymore. Pretty soon I'll have my own display at the LaBrea Tar Pits "Americanus rideus twostrokus, extinct around 2006"...
Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
giganto
Registered Member

Like!
Want.
Big price, tho.
Want really old, scary 2 stroke 500cc supermoto for street,
then shootout fun.
Then old guys near tar pit smile!
Now: go ride 94 dr650 supermoto in rain, think of new bikes read about on Moto.com.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

The only problem I see is that the difference in financing the Kwack250 vs the Zooker 400 is only about $25 per month. Yamaha's pricing will probably ensure that all their 250s gather dust in the showroom. No way would I pay the same for their 250 over Zooker's 400.

The DR650 is about the same price as the Kwacker 250 as well. Ouch! Yeah I know it's old but still.....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

I wish they would put the DR-Z400SM in the comparo just for the "best bang for the buck" aspect.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

I wish they would put out a 650. Been looking at craigslist at some plated xr650SM's that people have converted. Then the wife lost her gig... Dang...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

I really dig all these little thumpers and would love to have one, but I can't figure out the pricing. Why is this thing $5199 and the Ninja 250R $3999? Is it that much more expensive to make? If so, why? How long has Kawi (and the others) been making single cylinder 250ish motors? I think they have the R&D and tooling paid for by now, right? Maybe I'm missing something.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I wish they would put the DR-Z400SM in the comparo just for the "best bang for the buck" aspect.
Suzi doesn't have one available at the moment. Sorry.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It's clearly time to start recommending more choices than the just the cliche Ninja 250 for the new riders. Fonz did a good job laying out how well this genre of bikes fits new rider requirements. The clean design, the impression of simplicity; it looks unbreakable. If I were in the store with Dad looking for bike #1, I'd be all over this. Or one very much like it.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I just wished they would update it? Maybe a little fuel injection, cast aluminum frame possibly.