Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10484-2009-kawasaki-klx250sf-review.html)

pplassm 05-16-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 213428)
Tell me about it. I wasn't dinging you, really do have RA. My rhumatologist prescribed Humera. That stuff gave me an allergic reaction, I looked like a teenager with REALLY bad acne. So then he gives me methatrexate. The other day he says my liver function is goofed up from that. Meanwhile I have claws instead of hands; steel in my wrist and neck, two fractured vertebrae, and my feet smell bad. I blame it all on motorcycles.

Wow! Damn, Ken. I'm doing Humira right now. Been on it for about 4 years. Was doing Methotrexate, too, but liver function went through the roof.

Funny how everbody reacts differently. Wish I could recommend something, but I was only pre-med.

On another note. I crashed my dirt bike pretty hard today and dislocated my left index finger. They couldn't reseat it in Welch, WV, so I drove back to Richmond tonight. E-room at 0700 tomorrow.

More scotch, please. :-(

mugwump58 05-17-2009 04:25 AM

I remember an old Italian guy on the side lines of most local soccer matches. He'd have fixed that finger.

The_AirHawk 05-17-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 213698)
Wow! Damn, Ken. I'm doing Humira right now. Been on it for about 4 years. Was doing Methotrexate, too, but liver function went through the roof.

Funny how everbody reacts differently. Wish I could recommend something, but I was only pre-med.

On another note. I crashed my dirt bike pretty hard today and dislocated my left index finger. They couldn't reseat it in Welch, WV, so I drove back to Richmond tonight. E-room at 0700 tomorrow.

More scotch, please. :-(

You wan' me t' show you a lil' TRICK I know tha'll take ya' MIND offa tha' finger?

Lemme see ya' otha' HAND...............

mscuddy 05-17-2009 10:39 AM

Well since we're talking 'bout dissolving bones and such, here's what happened to me after lithotripsy to bust up some calcified kidney stones:

#1: Loosened up all the bolts holding my spine to this big stainless steel brace that looks suspiciously like a toaster part.

#2: Diagnosed me with advanced senile osteoporosis. There goes that Go Devil ride I guess...

#3: Back surgery scheduled for June 12th to bolt me back together, or remove all the screws and the brace if my spne has fused up OK.

#4: Upped my pain meds to 30mg of Morphene Sulphate 2 times a day (and no, it's not the timed release stuff either).

Ahh, the warm glow of a morphene buzz...Maybe Gohring and Peter Lori had the right idea, as well as Konrad Viecht. Why do the krauts get addicted to this stuff I wonder? Javol!

mugwump58 05-17-2009 10:51 AM

Morphene Sulphate for breakfast?

I'm noticing a trend here. On a bike specific forum I frequent a lot of us had road bicycles in common. Just curious if that followed over here as well.

But officer I did stop all forward progress at the intersection, haven't you heard of a track stand?

pplassm 05-17-2009 08:21 PM

Two hours of surgery today. OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!.

No riding for while. :-(

The_AirHawk 05-17-2009 08:33 PM

Oof, Dude. I can feel the sting from here.

mugwump58 05-30-2009 06:19 PM

On a lighter note...

Rev limiter, heh, heh,....heh, heh....cool.

The stock tires make a good DP tire. All the other "supermoto" tires have way less tread depth. Dear Michelin surely you can make a set of Anakees just for me in 17 inch:rolleyes: .

Awaiting stuff from Turbo City to help make the "Pseudo Moto" an "AdvaPseudo Moto".

June and October there's a 120 mile DP ride down by the PA border. The plan is to make it to the Oct ride, I got an aux fuel tank, farkle #1.

ps. I'm sure we all expect an update within a couple of days of the 12th.

pps Almost donated to the "Wings of Life" till their online donation seemed a bit odd. So what's the organization in the US working on spinal injuries most deserving of donations?

mugwump58 09-14-2009 12:44 PM

PAT Update

PAT, PsuedoADVtard.
1. After all these low sides have finally performed tank slapper and high side, how come there are pictures of Jorge but not me?
2. When purchasing a bike stand be aware that salesman either don't know or don't want to know that there is a market for strictly 'tard stands. There are laments on the internet about folks whose "trick" dirt bike stands won't work with the 17" tards. Do a search for supermoto stands.
3. Long runs of 65-70 mph can create fuel starvation problems. Just double checked for plugged vent system again today. Plan on checking floats ect... this winter.
4. Not only are turbocity's luggage racks functional and the cortech/tormaster bags very usefull but they protect the heck out of the bike while flipping down the seasonal road.
5. Supermoto tires are absolutley useless either in the swamp or trying to kept back up 10' embankment coming out of an upland forest swamp.
6. Note to self, find 17" tires that have some f'in tread

:D

The_AirHawk 09-14-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugwump58 (Post 224022)
PAT, PsuedoADVtard.
1. After all these low sides have finally performed tank slapper and high side, how come there are pictures of Jorge but not me?
2. When purchasing a bike stand be aware that salesman either don't know or don't want to know that there is a market for strictly 'tard stands. There are laments on the internet about folks whose "trick" dirt bike stands won't work with the 17" tards. Do a search for supermoto stands.
3. Long runs of 65-70 mph can create fuel starvation problems. Just double checked for plugged vent system again today. Plan on checking floats ect... this winter.
4. Not only are turbocity's luggage racks functional and the cortech/tormaster bags very usefull but they protect the heck out of the bike while flipping down the seasonal road.
5. Supermoto tires are absolutley useless either in the swamp or trying to kept back up 10' embankment coming out of an upland forest swamp.
6. Note to self, find 17" tires that have some f'in tread

:D

Well, at least you lived through it.

Now go getcherself some Trailwings.............