Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Jett Battery Heated Vest Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10457-jett-battery-heated-vest-review.html)

Administrator 01-21-2009 01:25 PM

Jett Battery Heated Vest Review

Original Article:
Jett Battery Heated Vest Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Jett Battery Heated Vest Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

acecycleins 01-21-2009 01:41 PM

Nice review Mr Bass. Would you put a product like this on your personal "I need that" list or can you do without it? I've been riding my bike full time lately (that whole money for an additional car thingy) and like my Tourmaster gear, buuuuuut gobal warming has produced serious cold in North Georgia lately. Does Jett make Waterproof electric gloves, as well?

Kenneth_Moore 01-21-2009 02:53 PM

EBass write good. Get more words from EBass.

This thing would be a lot better if you rigged up a charger for it on your bike. (I'll be here all week)

sfcdjevans 01-21-2009 04:31 PM

We need a full blown comparo with Gerbings, et al....!

obandoj 01-22-2009 01:34 PM

heated vest

Good right up EB, you forgot to mention how long it takes to re-charge.
Thanks.

ebass 01-22-2009 02:24 PM

In answer to your Q's

1) I wouldn't necessarily call it a "must have" piece of kit, but it should definitely be added to your consideration set if you're a cold weather rider.

2) The battery charges extremely quickly. I haven't timed it, but I'd guess that you could probably find a socket in a restaurant, have a leisurely three-virgin-martini lunch and be out on the road fully charged.

Lastly, for those offering kudos, "Muchas gracias, amigos"! The OGs probably remember my gonzo exploits from several MO regimes ago. This is just a "guest appearance" for now, and there's been some internal debate as to whether to "turn me loose" to write in the old EBass style of this review or to have me "play it straight" like I did kicking and screaming against my will with the Fieldsheer jacket test from a few weeks back.

Vote your conscience lads, and let me and the brass know whatcha wanna read. We exist solely to serve your needs!

Neal 01-22-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obandoj (Post 202141)
Good right up EB, you forgot to mention how long it takes to re-charge.
Thanks.

Another review I read stated it took 1hr 45 min to recharge after a use of 6 hr 15 min. Does anyone know of a source for battery operated heated gloves.

acecycleins 01-22-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebass (Post 202152)
1) I wouldn't necessarily call it a "must have" piece of kit, but it should definitely be added to your consideration set if you're a cold weather rider.

2) The battery charges extremely quickly. I haven't timed it, but I'd guess that you could probably find a socket in a restaurant, have a leisurely three-virgin-martini lunch and be out on the road fully charged.

Lastly, for those offering kudos, "Muchas gracias, amigos"! The OGs probably remember my gonzo exploits from several MO regimes ago. This is just a "guest appearance" for now, and there's been some internal debate as to whether to "turn me loose" to write in the old EBass style of this review or to have me "play it straight" like I did kicking and screaming against my will with the Fieldsheer jacket test from a few weeks back.

Vote your conscience lads, and let me and the brass know whatcha wanna read. We exist solely to serve your needs!

What do we need to do to get MO to give you the thumbs up?
Hey Duke!- tell those powers to be that it'd be a grave error to let ebass slip through the cracks. We'll keep bugging the shyt out of them until they cave if we have too.

sfcdjevans 01-22-2009 03:45 PM

Ok I vote the return of an unfettered Ebass. Why? Well it's good business. I've bought kit based on reviews when I first started lurking here, before the, shudder, change. He'd be an excellent complement to the current folk.

Kenneth_Moore 01-22-2009 04:23 PM

Motorcycles are fun. Buying stuff for motorcycles is fun. Reading about the stuff you buy for motorcycles should be fun. EBass writes fun. Yay fun EBass!