Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Victory CORE Concept Unveiled at IMS (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10422-victory-core-concept-unveiled-ims.html)

Administrator 01-16-2009 01:03 PM

Victory Prototype Unveiled at New York IMS

Original Article:
Victory Prototype Unveiled at New York IMS

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory Prototype Unveiled at New York IMS in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sachiwilson 01-16-2009 01:13 PM

Wow. I wonder if Vic could do it with a better excuse for a seat?

longride 01-16-2009 01:24 PM

If you read the text, they say it will never be produced, so it doesn't even need a seat. It doesn't look too bad, but no major manufacturer has the balls to produce a hardtail anyway, plus any 'minimalist design' needs to remove the electric starter from the design. Those aren't exactly minimalist.

Administrator 01-16-2009 02:13 PM

Victory CORE Concept Unveiled at IMS

Original Article:
Victory CORE Concept Unveiled at IMS

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Victory CORE Concept Unveiled at IMS in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

longride 01-16-2009 02:21 PM

Building this would have been a mucho better decision than building the 'Bad Vision'.

Kenneth_Moore 01-16-2009 02:23 PM

It reminds me of BMW's "Lo Rider" concept. Super-minimalist bike; then the buyer can add components to suit their taste. Overall, I think it's a good looking machine. Less is more.

acecycleins 01-16-2009 02:23 PM

Wussies! The coolest design study they've ever done and they won't build it. If yer skeerd then say yer skeerd.

BrowningBAR 01-16-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201540)
It reminds me of BMW's "Lo Rider" concept. Super-minimalist bike; then the buyer can add components to suit their taste. Overall, I think it's a good looking machine. Less is more.

To me it looks very much like a Confederate.

I like it.

Can't afford it.

But, I like it.

GraySquid 01-16-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 201549)

I like it.

Can't afford it.

But, I like it.

I agree it looks like one and I like it. Needs a rear shock but I suspect I couldn't afford it even if they built it and my layoff notice got lost in mail room :)

12er 01-16-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 201549)

I like it.

Can't afford it.

But, I like it.

I thought the name would be the victory Confed when I first saw it. Total Confederate rip off sans carbon fiber.