Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #51
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Cripes. That's 2 agreements. Something wrong here.
Yeah right,...twillight zone music please!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #52
pdad13
Founding Member

Maybe "Fuzzy" would be just as appropriate, as in the logic Honda used in developing this thing now. They should get back to doing what they do best, which, ah, hell, I'm not sure what that is anymore. Score two for "Fuzzy."

Buzz, I've actually been fairly busy in this time of economic doom. Of course, a lot of it is navigating the office politics that have been amplified recently. Been causally looking for a track bike that I won't feel too bad about crashing, too.

Anybody know of a fairly lightly damaged D675 that I could steal? I've got a bunch of spare plastic and some other stuff in my garage.

Let me know when you're headed to NYC. I'll try to keep the place warm, but I can't guarantee anything. It's f*cking frigid here now.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #53
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdad13 View Post
Anybody know of a fairly lightly damaged D675 that I could steal? I've got a bunch of spare plastic and some other stuff in my garage.
Much cheaper to crash the so called "cookie cutters," that way your wallet does'nt resemble the Dow.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #54
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Maybe Honda will eventually come up with a Supermoto bike

BAM!?

2009 CRF230M - Honda Powersports
Old 01-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #55
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
There's nothing "super" about that moto. I'd put that new Yamaha WR250X up against it any day of the week.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #56
Chief Waldo
Registered Member

Honda has several at the NYC Motorcycle show. I looked them over and listened to a bunch of other people all saying "Honda's copying Victory now?"

Yes, It's a Victory clone with a drive shaft.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #57
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
There's nothing "super" about that moto. I'd put that new Yamaha WR250X up against it any day of the week.

Have you ridden it? The Dealer I'am at does'nt carry Honda. Now the WR I have ridden, v e r y fun bike...all I seem to want to do on that thing is wheelie it and back it into a corner, fun bike!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:22 AM   #58
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Have you ridden it? The Dealer I'am at does'nt carry Honda. Now the WR I have ridden, v e r y fun bike...all I seem to want to do on that thing is wheelie it and back it into a corner, fun bike!
Nope, haven't ridden it yet. I'm just going based on reviews the CFR230L. Same engine, different tires and wheels. It seems from the inital reviews that Kawi's and Yama's smaller displacement bikes offer more grins per mile.

2008 Honda CRF230L Review - Motorcycle.com
Old 01-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Nope, haven't ridden it yet. I'm just going based on reviews the CFR230L. Same engine, different tires and wheels. It seems from the inital reviews that Kawi's and Yama's smaller displacement bikes offer more grins per mile.

2008 Honda CRF230L Review - Motorcycle.com
The price point of these most of new 250 class supermoto's are a promotional activity for Suzuki's DRZ400SM.

DRZ400SM - $6299 - 321 lbs
CRF230M - $4749 - 276 lbs
KLX250SF - $5299 - 302 lbs
WE250X - $6190 - 299 pbs

These numbers are shocking. First off the Honda is the cheapest. What gives? I expect to feel the foundations of the Earth trembling.

The Yammer is only $109 less than the Suzuki! Kwacker saves you $1K. But you are still getting a 250.

Another point in Suzuki's favor is that you get the tried and true DP engine and not one of these new MX based 4-poppers with short service lives between rebuilds.

The weights of the 250s are pretty close except for the Honda, with the weaker engine. If Honda had built a 250 with comparable performance then for the first time in 20 years Honda would have built a Best Buy.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #60
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default You bore the nicest people...

Bwahahhahhha...you gotta be kidding me?

I don't know who's running things at Honda nowdays, but they've lost any brand loyalty in my case after my wife's Element had the front suspension fall apart after 90,000 miles. And get this, the ball joints are casted into the spindle, so you have to buy the whole thing, bearings included. So they're producing crap, just like GM or Ford.

My 1976 Civic had 175,000 miles on it when I traded it in for a Datsun pickup. It still looked and drove like a new car, and the only malfuction it ever had was a blown head gasket, when I drove it WFO from Palm Springs to Glendale and back when my girlfriend at the time forgot her luggage (?!).

And stuff like Elsinores, CB350's, CR500's, CR480's etc.etc...leading edge bikes that were reliable as an anvil..well, they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

Then you have the Ridgeline...I've seen about three on the street, another miss.

Nah, big red is now content to produce stuff that's like Ralphs Un-Flavored yogurt. Sad.