Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Honda Fury Unveiled (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10414-2010-honda-fury-unveiled.html)

Buzglyd 01-16-2009 09:15 PM

"You’ll note the lack of Honda badges on the bike’s flanks; the bike’s origins will remain a mystery to the general public."

That pretty much says it all in more ways than one.

seruzawa 01-16-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 201572)
"You’ll note the lack of Honda badges on the bike’s flanks; the bike’s origins will remain a mystery to the general public."

That pretty much says it all in more ways than one.

Nothing like pride in your products, eh?

They don't even pretend any more.

sarnali2 01-16-2009 10:01 PM

The whole store bought chopper thing makes me puke anyway. The idea of chopping your ride was to have something unique and your own, any ass hole can go buy a cookie cutter...oh wait... your catalog custom billet and chrome abortion is blue and mine is yellow...we're some bad chopper nastys now alright..

Show some class and chop an old CB750, read The Horse/Backstreet Choppers for inspiration.

Auphliam 01-17-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 201574)
The whole store bought chopper thing makes me puke anyway. The idea of chopping your ride was to have something unique and your own, any ass hole can go buy a cookie cutter...oh wait... your catalog custom billet and chrome abortion is blue and mine is yellow...we're some bad chopper nastys now alright..

Show some class and chop an old CB750, read The Horse/Backstreet Choppers for inspiration.

Amen! I like how the Honda dood says "it's not cookie cutter'. Wait, anyone can buy one? And they all look the same, save for color? Explain to me again how that is not cookie cutter? Looks like more of the SOS, just 5 or 6 years too late, as many have mentioned already.

longride 01-17-2009 07:40 AM

If they could stick a bar and shield on it and get away with it, they would do it in a heartbeat.

pdad13 01-17-2009 08:26 AM

A chopper? Now? Really?

I'd like to know how many Rockers and Raiders were sold to date. I bet not many.

And, yes, who wants a Honda "custom" anyway?

Big Red is hopelessly lost.

(Oh, and has anyone seen the goofy and tasteless viral vids to promote this abortion? One features a toddler getting a Fury tatoo.)

Buzglyd 01-17-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 201591)
A chopper? Now? Really?

I'd like to know how many Rockers and Raiders were sold to date. I bet not many.

And, yes, who wants a Honda "custom" anyway?

Big Red is hopelessly lost.

(Oh, and has anyone seen the goofy and tasteless viral vids to promote this abortion? One features a toddler getting a Fury tatoo.)

Where ya been PBad? (Had to call you that for old time's sake).

I'm heading out to NYC next month. Warm up the place for me a little, ok?

Duken4evr 01-17-2009 08:56 AM

This bike makes me sad.

At least Suzuki has some balls. They are producing the M109. Like it or not, the bike has motor and it's own style. Blantant copying of the Chopper fad is beneath a company like Honda. It is pathetic.

hsjrev 01-17-2009 09:55 AM

Notice it's really hard to find any pictures of the left side of the bike? Even Honda must know that shaft drive just doesn't look right on a chopper. They finally released their Big Red just when the side-by-side utility market was saturated and now this. Makes you wonder who's predicting trends at team Honda. I'd rather see a Honda "custom" built around a big V4 kind of like the old V65 Magna.

MOKE1K 01-17-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 201566)
You're right, but then again, a pile of dog doo looks better than the Raider.

What don't you guys like about the Raider? I think it's deffinatly better looking than this Honda, by a long shot!