Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
GSavior
Registered Member

Default custom size jackets?

Not sure if this is the section of the forum i'm suppose to post about this.

I'm about to buy the alpinestar smk jacket. I tried on a size 38u.s. and it fits pretty well. However, the sleeves are just slightly too long. The wrist cuffs go all the way to about half way up my hand. I will try one size jacket smaller to see if it is anybetter, but I might not also fit the chest size.

Do you guys take your jackets to a shop to get it "fixed" to custom size ?
GSavior is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSavior View Post
Not sure if this is the section of the forum i'm suppose to post about this.

I'm about to buy the alpinestar smk jacket. I tried on a size 38u.s. and it fits pretty well. However, the sleeves are just slightly too long. The wrist cuffs go all the way to about half way up my hand. I will try one size jacket smaller to see if it is anybetter, but I might not also fit the chest size.

Do you guys take your jackets to a shop to get it "fixed" to custom size ?
Motorcycle jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves. The sleeves sound about right based on your description. Are the sleeves long when your arms are down, or in a raised position? When the arms are raised (like they would be when on a bike) the sleeves should come to the wrist.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
GSavior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Motorcycle jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves. The sleeves sound about right based on your description. Are the sleeves long when your arms are down, or in a raised position? When the arms are raised (like they would be when on a bike) the sleeves should come to the wrist.

I don't remember how far covered the hand was when my arms are "out in front of me", but I know my wrist was entirely covered when my arms are at my side, and when i raised them up in front of me. I believe while my arms are raised in front of me, half of my hand was still covered.
I dont' remember, but I'll be back at the store at the end of the week to check it out again.

Last edited by GSavior : 01-12-2009 at 12:50 PM.
GSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I never saw a motorcycle jacket that had sleeves that were too long. Plenty of them with sleeves too short...

Tell them you want to try it on the bike. Then haul ass and steal it.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 01-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote