Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #31
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
My biggest beef with them is that the observed fuel economy on two of them are 28mpg, and the other one is 33mpg.

Motorcycles: one of the greatest inventions ever!
I'm under the assumption that the MPG on these 3 are due to how they are tested. I'd have a hard time riding sanely on any of them none the less for the short test duration they are subjected to. Then again sail in the wind may not make for slippery aerodynamics...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Crappy health care destroying our heritage? You could call that a new theory. Anyways, our heritage seems to be doing fine, all the engines in the test seem to be coming from this continent of losers.

Anyways I don't mind you getting Union Jack tattoo on your ass. I am just curious why is this. The brits are ok but if we start to talk about glorious heritage the british motor vehicle industry is the one that should be forgotten first. Well nobody can blame them for not trying.

- cruiz-euro
Germany was unable to sell the bonds it wanted to last week. Cracks in the dam are widening.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, you are answering a guy that owns an overpriced bike from the US with only 64 horsepower. If that doesn't tell you all about him, then nothing does.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #34
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Quote:

I decided that it was time to get something with more power than the Ninja 250, but with the same type of ergonomics (upright posture). I also preferred four cylinders, fuel injection, decent fuel economy, decent wind protection, and relatively cheap insurance. So I am now scheduled to take delivery of a 2006 Kawasaki Z750S in the next week. That should keep me happy for the next couple years, at least The Ninja 250 will hopefully get a new owner who appreciates it as much as I have.Motorcycles: one of the greatest inventions ever!
Enjoy your new 750S. Talk about an excellent motorcycle that gets no love from the press or the public. You sir sound like a discerning smart rider. Any notion of practicality killing all the fun should be dispelled by that 750's 101 screaming hp
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #35
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
I *really* like all three of these bikes. My biggest beef with them is that the observed fuel economy on two of them are 28mpg, and the other one is 33mpg. I need a bike that does better than that (I suppose if I made more money, this wouldn't be an issue for me). I love the Tuono's exhaust sound, though, so "unexciting" doesn't make sense to me personally.

I decided that it was time to get something with more power than the Ninja 250, but with the same type of ergonomics (upright posture). I also preferred four cylinders, fuel injection, decent fuel economy, decent wind protection, and relatively cheap insurance. So I am now scheduled to take delivery of a 2006 Kawasaki Z750S in the next week. That should keep me happy for the next couple years, at least The Ninja 250 will hopefully get a new owner who appreciates it as much as I have.

Motorcycles: one of the greatest inventions ever!
I can pretty much guarantee that just about anyone will get more than the mpg we got with these bikes. We thrashed them hard! Re the Z750, it's a great all-around bike. Too bad more ppl didn't realize it.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #36
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Read my lips: no cracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Germany was unable to sell the bonds it wanted to last week. Cracks in the dam are widening.
It was not Germany it was Czech. And we do not have any cracks goddammit. See the vid we are doing as strong as ever

YouTube - Patrouille Police 1970 - by diagonal (ADV)

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 AM   #37
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

That vid was crazy! I've seen precision riding before, but never on that scale. Good stuff.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #38
tigerowner_ut
Founding Member

Good review but...

I am not terribly fond of a bulleted review format unless it is in a summary page. Call me old fashioned but I like to read the whole story on how the bikes perform on their own and in relation to each other like reviews in Motorcycle.com's history. In a bulleted review I cannot experience the test with you as well as in a full article/story format. As a reader for well over a decade please accept my critique as a constructive suggestion.
tigerowner_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #39
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

You're not alone, Tiger...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #40
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

It's rare that my bike of choice is also the cheapest of the group. The Speed triple is the bike I want.

Though, if someone were offering either of the other two for free, I wouldn't complain.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote