Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   I Hate winter... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10339-i-hate-winter.html)

SmokeU 01-08-2009 06:40 AM

I rode a freaking '94 Magna 90 miles through freezing rain and snow. It's not something I will do again by choice. Even if I had a badazz DP I couldn't stud the tires and still be legal anyway.

longride 01-08-2009 06:44 AM

Worry not, global warming will be kicking in any time now and life at the beach will be grand!

seruzawa 01-08-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 200737)
I went riding for an hour a week ago between storms, the temps warmed up enough to cleared up the ice and snow off the roads and the rain hadn't set in yet, now we have monsoon rain and snow melt flooding the sh*t out of everything. Supposed to be a drying trend starting today so I'm going to try to ride in tomorrow, between snow storms and heavy rain I've been stuck driving for a month, I didn't even get out of four wheel drive for a week with this last go'round.

We get a few days of +40 and most of the ice melts and just when I'm thinking, "Hey! I can go for a ride tomorrow!", it plummets back to 15 degrees overnight and another freaking snowstorm blows through. #$@! the weather gods!

sarnali2 01-08-2009 08:30 AM

I went riding for an hour a week ago between storms, the temps warmed up enough to cleared up the ice and snow off the roads and the rain hadn't set in yet, now we have monsoon rain and snow melt flooding the sh*t out of everything. Supposed to be a drying trend starting today so I'm going to try to ride in tomorrow, between snow storms and heavy rain I've been stuck driving for a month, I didn't even get out of four wheel drive for a week with this last go'round.

sachiwilson 01-08-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 200718)
First, you are suggesting he take stupid risks by riding on snow and ice in an urban area. . . . .

You are too easy to bait. :D

LR, just because YOU don't want to do it doesn't mean that others are not willing AND ABLE to do it. If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine with me. But you can't win an argument by yelling louder, which is all you know how to do.

Wimp.

mscuddy 01-08-2009 09:04 AM

What's winter? Is that something that happens back East? Brrr, it's going to be a chilly 78 degrees here in LALA land today. Have to break out a sweater.

Chief Waldo 01-08-2009 09:05 AM

Tuesday is was dry and 35 degrees in Connecticut, so I went riding. Yesterday, major Ice storm. Today, in the past hour we've already had snow, ice, and sun.

Connecticut doesn't allow snowmobiles on public roads, and allows studded tires from November 1 to March 31, so, if you want to ride on snowy roads, a carefully spec'ed winter bike is a viable way to go. If I had the extra bucks, I'd seriously consider it.

longride 01-08-2009 09:15 AM

Sorry, but your stupid advice is just stupid advice. Calling me names doesn't change that fact. I gave you more reasons than you can refute as to why it is stupid. Give me the names of all the brave souls riding around Chicago in the winter. Just one would do. I can 't find any, and that certainly speaks louder than anything you said. Until you can come up with some names, your name calling is just as ignorant as your advice. I ride here. You don't.

Shinglejohn 01-08-2009 10:03 AM

Yeah, i dont thnk ill be doing any snowy riding any time soon. id have to shovel my driveway for an hour just to get the damn garage door open. I have had a few lucky days in the 40's that i went out, and then two weeks ago a random day in the 60's(cleveland weather is crazy) where i went for about a four hour ride through the flats. It was nice but made my longing worse.

for now ill just sit back have a few homebrews and watch the Cavs tear the NBA up.

sachiwilson 01-08-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 200746)
Sorry, but your stupid advice is just stupid advice. Calling me names doesn't change that fact.

Did you even check the Rounders site? I thought not.

Skepticism is ok, LR, but if you don't check things out to see how they are done, you're just speaking from ignorance. Similar to your ignorance about Iron Butt riding. Sorry.