Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Patclarke24
Registered Member

Post Motorbike for 2015

Hey there, im a university student in coventry, UK. Im currently trying to design a bike for the 2015.

Im as much of a petrol head as the next guy but unfortunetly im looking to design an electric bike or along those lines.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice about what could be improved in a bike, whats missing? Anything you would like to see incorporated or added to a bike.

I also want to focus on safety and comfort, is there anyway to feel safer on a bike when your on the open road?

I want it to be quite different to the current bikes of today! Im aiming it towards the younger deneration and also newer users so its easy and cheap to use and maintain!

Any help or any tips of things i could look up/look into would be greatly apreciated.

Thanking you very much

Patrick Clarke
Patclarke24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
newagetwotone
Registered Member

First tip. Don't post the same thing in multiple, it doesn't do anything more than p*ss people off.

Second, could it have a massage chair built it?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Figure out how to put a lithium cell with electric motor that will produce at least 100hp into a bike that weights less than 400lbs. Sits similar to a Ducati 696 then your on your way. Don't try trickery. Keep it simple in design features and make the first gen bike look similar to what I suggest and most importantly keep the total price under $13K USD.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Duplicate post deleted, so that's fixed.

Pat, I'm not sure what could be "missing" from a motorcycle in general. If you hope to design an electric motorcycle, I suggest you first decide what type of motorcycle you hope to design. There are sporting, touring, dual purpose, off road, and standard bikes, among others. There are also scooters. Each of these categories will have some things and omit others (simple example - a sport bike will usually not have a comfortable back seat, so it would be lousy for touring two-up.) Once you figure out what you want to create, then you can figure out what you need.

As far as safety is concerned, you need to understand why motorcyclists get injured. A lot of times it is because other vehicle drivers don't see us. A lot of times it's the rider's own stupid error. Not sure you'd be able to do much about rider stupidity but you might be able to do something about visibility. Lights and bright colors could help but tend to be ignored by manufacturers, probably because people consider them uncool. Dunno.

Perhaps others will be able to offer more suggestions. (Be nice, people.)

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Shoulder-steering, centrally-articulated frames and giant-arsed Hankook tyres are the wave of 2015.

You should also affix a few machine-guns to your creation to help with traffic-congestion problems.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Shoulder-steering, centrally-articulated frames and giant-arsed Hankook tyres are the wave of 2015.

You should also affix a few machine-guns to your creation to help with traffic-congestion problems.
erm...Batman?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
(Be nice, people.)
Aw....but...but.... damn
Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Gyroscopes, boy, gyroscopes. That's the future of motorcycling right there. Used to control horizontal and vertical orientation, yaw, pitch, and roll, gyroscopes will work together with throttle, brake, steering, and GPS inputs. The complete system will keep flip-flop and tee-shirt wearing squids from riding into trees on decreasing radius turns at 200 mph.

You heard here first.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

You are looking to design an electric motorcycle? Do you have any motorcycle experience at all? Any electrical theory or experience? Do you know the theoretcial and practical data about batteries, motors. regenerative braking? Series or shunt wound motors? Energy density of batteries?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Gyroscopes, boy, gyroscopes. That's the future of motorcycling right there. Used to control horizontal and vertical orientation, yaw, pitch, and roll, gyroscopes will work together with throttle, brake, steering, and GPS inputs. The complete system will keep flip-flop and tee-shirt wearing squids from riding into trees on decreasing radius turns at 200 mph.

You heard here first.
I thought it was all ball bearings and 30wt oil. Oh wait- that's aero-mechanics. Segway motorcycles, huh? You might be on to something Ken. Will there be a "solid object bypass" system included for those trees, guardrails, parked cars, parked people and such?
I can see it now:
2015 Honda CBR1000RR ABS/SOB- Sportbikes for dumb@sses.