Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Road Racing Series – Part One

Original Article:
Road Racing Series – Part One

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Road Racing Series – Part One in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

When I was writing articles for Road Rash Magazine just before the roadrace season started for 2008- I did a piece called Superbike Racing for Dummies. Without getting into the highly technical set-up arena I broke down the classes and what seperates them. I got the best feedback from that article.
This was a nice start. How many in the series? What class (Supersport I hope)? What machine? What number do we look for?

Last edited by acecycleins : 01-05-2009 at 03:14 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Jeremiah, this looks like it could be a very interesting and fun series of articles to follow. It's a great concept/topic to cover. Nice job with the intro; I like your writing style. If you get a chance, can you post an outline of the articles to come? I'm guessing you have a rough idea of when you'll be doing what...

Mr. Duke, good on you and "upper management" for sponsoring this effort. I know there are several racing buff MoFos who should get a kick out of this. And even though I have no plans to get into racing, I'm going to watch for the updates. Maybe I'll share them with the kid and see if he gets interested.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

You write - I'll read; we'll all discuss it amongst ourselves and then get back to you....................

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You write - I'll read; we'll all discuss it amongst ourselves and then get back to you....................

I'll get the cawfee.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Jeremiah, this looks like it could be a very interesting and fun series of articles to follow. It's a great concept/topic to cover. Nice job with the intro; I like your writing style. If you get a chance, can you post an outline of the articles to come? I'm guessing you have a rough idea of when you'll be doing what...

Mr. Duke, good on you and "upper management" for sponsoring this effort. I know there are several racing buff MoFos who should get a kick out of this. And even though I have no plans to get into racing, I'm going to watch for the updates. Maybe I'll share them with the kid and see if he gets interested.
Glad to receive some good responses to this series. Jeremiah is one of our best and most thorough freelancers, so we were excited at the prospect of what he'd come up with. There are scheduled to be five parts still to come.

I'm going to give Jeremiah a heads up on this Forum thread so he can respond to you all directly.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
ZXerZach
Banned

Great concept. Looking forward to this series. Love this site, visit every lunch hour.
ZXerZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXerZach View Post
Great concept. Looking forward to this series. Love this site, visit every lunch hour.
Its much better viewed while on the clock.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
motorcyclebums
Founding Member

Default Thanks For the Feedback/ Series Outline

Thanks to everyone who's read the first installment of our road racing series and responded here. To answer a few questions:

1. There will be five more installments in addition to the one you have just read. They will be: a. attending a track school/getting a race license, b. building a supersport-spec race bike (three parts) and c. attending your first race. These articles will probably be posted about once a week over the next month and a half. The plan is to get people motivated and ready to start their own racing process by the time spring rolls around.

2. We will be competing in the Championship Cup Series (CCS) and building a Ducati 748 up to CCS middleweight Supersport-specs.

I'll be active on this forum as the articles are posted and will be happy to answer any questions. Again, I'm no road racing expert but will do my best to provide good information based on my (limited) experience.

Thanks again.

Jeremiah
motorcyclebums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
motorcyclebums
Founding Member

Default Forgot to Mention...

Forgot to mention that the NEXT article in the series will be a profile of Geoff May, current AMA pro and former road racing privateer extraordinaire. May tells us how he got started in road racing, working his way up from an underfinanced amateur to a spot on a factory supported race team.
motorcyclebums is offline   Reply With Quote