Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Road Racing Series – Part One (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10313-road-racing-series-part-one.html)

Administrator 01-05-2009 01:20 PM

Road Racing Series – Part One

Original Article:
Road Racing Series – Part One

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Road Racing Series – Part One in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

acecycleins 01-05-2009 02:06 PM

When I was writing articles for Road Rash Magazine just before the roadrace season started for 2008- I did a piece called Superbike Racing for Dummies. Without getting into the highly technical set-up arena I broke down the classes and what seperates them. I got the best feedback from that article.
This was a nice start. How many in the series? What class (Supersport I hope)? What machine? What number do we look for?

Kenneth_Moore 01-05-2009 03:00 PM

Jeremiah, this looks like it could be a very interesting and fun series of articles to follow. It's a great concept/topic to cover. Nice job with the intro; I like your writing style. If you get a chance, can you post an outline of the articles to come? I'm guessing you have a rough idea of when you'll be doing what...

Mr. Duke, good on you and "upper management" for sponsoring this effort. I know there are several racing buff MoFos who should get a kick out of this. And even though I have no plans to get into racing, I'm going to watch for the updates. Maybe I'll share them with the kid and see if he gets interested.

The_AirHawk 01-05-2009 04:55 PM

You write - I'll read; we'll all discuss it amongst ourselves and then get back to you....................

:p

Kenneth_Moore 01-06-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 200477)
You write - I'll read; we'll all discuss it amongst ourselves and then get back to you....................

:p

I'll get the cawfee.

Kevin_Duke 01-06-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 200469)
Jeremiah, this looks like it could be a very interesting and fun series of articles to follow. It's a great concept/topic to cover. Nice job with the intro; I like your writing style. If you get a chance, can you post an outline of the articles to come? I'm guessing you have a rough idea of when you'll be doing what...

Mr. Duke, good on you and "upper management" for sponsoring this effort. I know there are several racing buff MoFos who should get a kick out of this. And even though I have no plans to get into racing, I'm going to watch for the updates. Maybe I'll share them with the kid and see if he gets interested.

Glad to receive some good responses to this series. Jeremiah is one of our best and most thorough freelancers, so we were excited at the prospect of what he'd come up with. There are scheduled to be five parts still to come.

I'm going to give Jeremiah a heads up on this Forum thread so he can respond to you all directly.

ZXerZach 01-06-2009 12:54 PM

Great concept. Looking forward to this series. Love this site, visit every lunch hour.

12er 01-06-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZXerZach (Post 200546)
Great concept. Looking forward to this series. Love this site, visit every lunch hour.

Its much better viewed while on the clock.

motorcyclebums 01-07-2009 09:14 AM

Thanks For the Feedback/ Series Outline

Thanks to everyone who's read the first installment of our road racing series and responded here. To answer a few questions:

1. There will be five more installments in addition to the one you have just read. They will be: a. attending a track school/getting a race license, b. building a supersport-spec race bike (three parts) and c. attending your first race. These articles will probably be posted about once a week over the next month and a half. The plan is to get people motivated and ready to start their own racing process by the time spring rolls around.

2. We will be competing in the Championship Cup Series (CCS) and building a Ducati 748 up to CCS middleweight Supersport-specs.

I'll be active on this forum as the articles are posted and will be happy to answer any questions. Again, I'm no road racing expert but will do my best to provide good information based on my (limited) experience.

Thanks again.

Jeremiah

motorcyclebums 01-07-2009 09:43 AM

Forgot to Mention...

Forgot to mention that the NEXT article in the series will be a profile of Geoff May, current AMA pro and former road racing privateer extraordinaire. May tells us how he got started in road racing, working his way up from an underfinanced amateur to a spot on a factory supported race team.