Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #91
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Waldo View Post
Yes, it probably depends on what you're used to riding. When I switched from my Yamaha to my Indian in 2003, it took me a while to get used to the feet forward seating position. But when I started looking around for the Indian replacement, I realized that I had gotten used to that position, and the feet below position felt cramped and limited my leg movement. On the Vision, the floorboards are so long, you can really vary you foot position a lot. I like that.
Nah, I'm 6'6. Foot forward means my knees are steering locks. Low seat height just doesnt work no matter the foot peg config. I can see where average humans would enjoy the 12" or longer floor boards, but with my 15's their still small. Its really a small world in my case.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #92
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I blame the public school system.
Klazy Ken blame pubic system.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #93
newagetwotone
Registered Member

A school of crabs?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #94
SCoffman1
Founding Member

In the article, regarding the Harley, you say "However, at over 35 grand this bike blows the other two out of the water, but for the wrong reason. The Ultra is over $11,000 more than the second next expensive Gold Wing. Yet clearly it doesn’t offer that much more in terms of engine, handling or anything else for that matter."

What do you mean when you say that it doesn't offer "that much more..."? This implies that it does offer more than the GW, but yet, the evaluation doesn't seem to indicate that it offers anything more, unless you happen to just like Harley's...which I can certainly understand. But your evaluation of the various aspects of the bikes, doesn't seem to indicate any real advantages at all, other than styling which is a matter of taste.
SCoffman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #95
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Well, it does clearly have a cigarette lighter the Wing lacks...
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #96
Pete_Brissette
My member is not Junior!

Red face Poor wording, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCoffman1 View Post
In the article, regarding the Harley, you say "However, at over 35 grand this bike blows the other two out of the water, but for the wrong reason. The Ultra is over $11,000 more than the second next expensive Gold Wing. Yet clearly it doesn’t offer that much more in terms of engine, handling or anything else for that matter."

What do you mean when you say that it doesn't offer "that much more..."? This implies that it does offer more than the GW, but yet, the evaluation doesn't seem to indicate that it offers anything more, unless you happen to just like Harley's...which I can certainly understand. But your evaluation of the various aspects of the bikes, doesn't seem to indicate any real advantages at all, other than styling which is a matter of taste.
I guess if you're confused then I didn't do as good a job with that sentence as I could have. I was attempting to point out that at a premium of $11K more than the next most expensive bike, the GW, it doesn't offer more engine or overall performance than what the other two offer for that extra cost.

Make sense now?
Old 01-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #97
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Fugedaboudit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette View Post
I guess if you're confused then I didn't do as good a job with that sentence as I could have. I was attempting to point out that at a premium of $11K more than the next most expensive bike, the GW, it doesn't offer more engine or overall performance than what the other two offer for that extra cost.

Make sense now?
The art of the comma is lost on most people. It freaks people out. We need user giganto to translate.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #98
Lobo_1
Founding Member

Default Speaking of performance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Brissette View Post

Make sense now?
Did anyone question the low HP/torque numbers for the HD 110? Harley quotes torque of 113 ft-lbs stock for their CVO and while they may put optimistic numbers up, 88ft-lbs seems outrageously low. I have an 03 with only minor upgrades and I think I did better than that on the dyno...
Lobo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #99
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

We were also surprised by the numbers from the Harley. Bikes typically lose from 10-15% on a rear-wheel dyno compared to a manu's crankshaft-derived readings. So either our test bike was performing sub-par or H-D is a bit optimistic in its ratings. We'd suspect the former.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #100
Concours06Rider
Founding Member

Angry Style comments

Harley Davidson: “Say what you will about H-D products, but the Ultra wins my vote for Coolest Bike in this test. From the paint to the chrome to the iconic style, there is something reassuringly familiar with its style.” Those wise words come from salty road dog Kevin Duke.
Honda Gold Wing: • Styling is getting dated, or at least is starting to look too much like the past iterations. We’ll take that update any time now, Honda!
Why is the H-D iconic yet not dated after over 100 years of the same basic look, yet the Honda is dated after about 10 years in its present design. You people are hypocrites!!!
Concours06Rider is offline   Reply With Quote