Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default American Motorcyclist Association

The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

American Motorcyclist: The Official Site of the American Motorcyclist Association
Kawasaki Forum |
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

The AMA is undergoing some pretty big changes. I like what I'm seeing; the organization had become (according to it's current leadership) mostly a Mid-Western bike club, with a big presence in racing. They are changing their focus to motorcyclist rights and advocacy, which I think is their most valuable role. The magazine has gotten a lot better the past couple of years as well.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

Yeah Dingman really cracked the whip, and made big changes. There's an estimated 6 million riders, and only 300K AMA members. It's got to change.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The whole helmet law fight cost them a lot of credit, I hope they don't f*ck the duck on the loud pipe issue as well.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Roccker
Registered Member

Default Nice Work

I have read in one blog "a nation without helmet" .Now a days helmets are mandatory but we can see few culprits on roads.Can AMA highlight the importance of it in order to make people aware of it.
Honda Motorcycles
Roccker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
motonaut
Registered Member

It's about education and choice, it's your head. As far as loud pipes go they're not your ears. My neighbor wanted to extend his bike track onto my land where I ride. under nomal circumstances it probably would not have been a problem. But every Sunday morning his unbaffled pipes are shaking my coffee across the table. I don't complain,but What do you think I told him about his extended track? What if I was a nonrider? I'd probably be crying like a starving baby! Calling the cops trying to make dirt riding illegal. You have to consider the people around you. Ignorance is not always bliss. The AMA is right! I do wish they handled racing better though.

Last edited by motonaut : 05-18-2009 at 07:46 AM.
motonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yes, well the AMA seems lately like some Nigerian ex-offical who wants to send you big $$$ if you buy a raffle ticket for D!ck Mann's ex-BSA 500. I get hooked every time...

And where's my trophy for my 3rd place finish at Perris in 1987? Never got it. Don't say GBR was at fault either, 'cause it was an AMA sancioned race. You crazies.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Ooops, Motonaught's avitar looks surprisingly like Speedcops, who was in fact RedRyder, Emeraldcityrider, et al...just no biodiesel rants and we'll be in biznezz.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
motonaut
Registered Member

Thumbs up

No it's just some poster I copied and pasted. I haven't won a raffle or a race! My 18 year old nephew almost made me puke yesterday it was hard keep'n up! in fact I didn't
Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
motonaut
Registered Member

Is there a trophy for that?