Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So the new XR can beat a 25 year old motorcycle? What an achievement! The funny part is I had one of those 'legendarily unreliable' motorcycles in the 80's and put 60,000 miles on one and it never left me stranded even one day. Imagine that! So much for the 'legend'. Henious vibration? I never thought it was. As far as 'careening from one disappointment to the next' I would say that fits the attitude of the monthly subscribers to Motorcyclist who are stuck reading that sorry rag. That rag is about toast these days, ain't it? That junky old XR is a collectors item. The only thing the new XR will collect is dust.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So the new XR can beat a 25 year old motorcycle? What an achievement! The funny part is I had one of those 'legendarily unreliable' motorcycles in the 80's and put 60,000 miles on one and it never left me stranded even one day. Imagine that! So much for the 'legend'. Henious vibration? I never thought it was. As far as 'careening from one disappointment to the next' I would say that fits the attitude of the monthly subscribers to Motorcyclist who are stuck reading that sorry rag. That rag is about toast these days, ain't it? That junky old XR is a collectors item. The only thing the new XR will collect is dust.
Ha! Anyone who thinks Sportster vibration is bad should try a '64 Norton Atlas. Or a '75 Honda CB750F @65mph for that matter. I heard about that vibration crap for years from people who never owned one and then actually bought a Sportster. What a buncha wussies. The HD low frequency vibe is not nearly as debilitating as the I-4 dental drill.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #73
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Jeez, that's great press! I'm going to have to start subscribing to Motorcyclist again! Wow!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #74
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Jeez, that's great press! I'm going to have to start subscribing to Motorcyclist again! Wow!
Mine finally ran out. I get a "GAWD PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE COME BACK TO US!" letter from them in the mail about every other day now.

I like some of the staff, but I never read it anymore. Or ANY rag for that matter - no time. Let RRW and National Dragster lapse too.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #75
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post

I guess you can use the pages to line the colostomy bag, but i don't see any use for them other than that.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #76
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

The most vibration Iv ever felt was on my buddys Supermotard CR500, now thats some Vibration!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #77
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
The most vibration Iv ever felt was on my buddys Supermotard CR500, now thats some Vibration!
My buddy had a stretched softail with a rigid-mounted 120 cubic inch Keck Vtwin in it. Waterboarding would have been more pleasant.

Of course my RD400 could sizzle the bod too.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #78
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Uly: 54.1"
XR1200: 59.8"
Thanks for the data. I said "at least 4 inches." More like 5.7 inches. I know sitting isn't riding, but one could feel the extra length and weight almost immediately.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #79
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Thanks for the data. I said "at least 4 inches." More like 5.7 inches. I know sitting isn't riding, but one could feel the extra length and weight almost immediately.
Yeah, most ladies tell me that too.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #80
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

What's the big deal? If you want a harley that kinda looks like an XR750, buy it, if you don't well, don't. An HD is an HD is an HD. Period. From old cone motors to pan heads, same thing (except for the oiling). Has something to do with that forked rod deal me thinks. Folks try to copy it, can't be done. I'm wearing a Harley T Shirt btw. You don't buy a harley to go fast (then you'd buy a Buell anyway). Much to do 'bout nuttin. Yawn.