Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #41
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Repair manuals? Dude, he's rebuilding a Knuck! He had to install an entire blacksmith's shop so he can make new pistons and stuff.
Yeah his neighbors already called me and asked WTF all the pounding was.

On the plus side, all their horses have new shoes!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So you getting me that for Christmas??
Old 12-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #43
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Here's a freebee for ya LR. All kinds of tips on building Knuckles Pans and Shovels

Amazon.com: Custom Harley Cookbook: Mike Geokan, Mike Arman: Books

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #44
schizuki
Founding Member

When I saw the Roadster was dropped from the lineup, I knew the XR1200 was coming. And I was pi**ed. The Roadster was the yummiest-looking Harley since the Super Glide Sport. Damn my poverty for not being able to buy either before they were dropped.

Harley's product strategy is "dump anything Schizuki digs." I'm a one-man reverse-focus group.

PS - the XR1200 will draw as many "If only they'd sell it, I'd buy one!!!" buyers as the new Buell.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #45
schizuki
Founding Member

Someday I'll get a reply to go where I want it, instead of nesting with someone else's.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the new forums? I visit once a month and still get angry.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Click the original item, or the item you want to nest under, click 'Quick Reply', and it will nest under that reply.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #47
Irsh
Registered Member

I like the concept but the boat-tail needs to go. Otherwise very cool though an XB12 would kill it.
Irsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #48
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irsh View Post
I like the concept but the boat-tail needs to go. Otherwise very cool though an XB12 would kill it.

The Boat Tail is an iconic Harley design, I think it works well on some models like this and the Street Rod

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #49
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irsh View Post
I tend to agree. The tailsection looks a bit bulbous for a design based on the lean, stripped-down XR750.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #50
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

So, I went down to the local H-D shop yesterday to purchase a maintenance manual for the Uly. When I opened the door to the showroom, guess what I saw! A shiny, new XR1200! I asked the salesperson if I could sit on it. Here is my impression (after riding 30 miles from work to the shop on the Uly):

The bike is still top-heavy. The reviews have been quite positive, and true, I didn't ride it. Nevertheless, taking it off of the side-stand and wiggling it quickly from side to side reveals its weight.

Also, the wheelbase is long (compared to the Uly). I asked what the dimensions were - noone in the dealership knew the answer. I haven't looked it up yet, but by the seat of my pants it felt at least 4 inches longer that my Uly. The five-minute sit test showed the seat to be quite comfy, but the footpegs could stand to be moved further rearward, at least for my lanky legs.

Overall, the bike has a nice presence - especially in the H-D orange. Immediately after sitting on the XR1200, I went over to sit on the new Buell 1125CR - to me a much lighter, better balanced and more comfortable bike than the XR. If I were dropping $11,500 (MSRP was about the same) on a new bike, I would hands down chose the 1125CR.

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 03-10-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote