Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10166-lojack-stolen-vehicle-recovery-system.html)

Administrator 12-10-2008 03:27 PM

LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System

Original Article:
LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 12-10-2008 04:52 PM

Is there any way you guys can blow that video up and repost it in Hi-Def?

I mean: Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"?

Kenneth_Moore 12-10-2008 05:54 PM

Hell Yeah!

Every month or two a new sportbike shows up in the parking lot of my complex. They seem to have an average lifespan of about 6 weeks before they get swiped. I've started putting post-its on the bikes advising them that if they want to keep their bike they'd better find another place to park it, or at least chain it to a pole or something. One guy told me he walked in his condo around 8 pm, went back out with his dog around 10, and his bike was gone.

The_AirHawk 12-10-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 198904)
Hell Yeah!

Every month or two a new sportbike shows up in the parking lot of my complex. They seem to have an average lifespan of about 6 weeks before they get swiped. I've started putting post-its on the bikes advising them that if they want to keep their bike they'd better find another place to park it, or at least chain it to a pole or something. One guy told me he walked in his condo around 8 pm, went back out with his dog around 10, and his bike was gone.

I'm surprised it lasted that long.

Even though I've never lived in a "high crime" area, I still kept the bike in the living room of my rental..............

(makes a good clothes rack in the winter-time)

Kevin_Duke 12-10-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 198894)
Is there any way you guys can blow that video up and repost it in Hi-Def?

Well, it ain't quite hi-def, but you can view our videos in a larger format by going to our YouTube page: YouTube - motorcycle's Channel

The above site gets updated every week.

BrowningBAR 12-10-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 198919)
Well, it ain't quite hi-def, but you can view our videos in a larger format by going to our YouTube page: YouTube - motorcycle's Channel

You guys really need to market yourselves better. I never even knew about the YouTube page.

The_AirHawk 12-10-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 198919)

Fantastic.

Now, can you re-shoot it and have her do Jumping Jacks and Cartwheels?

Mebbe set-up a trampoline someplace on the salesfloor..........

Kevin_Duke 12-11-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 198920)
You guys really need to market yourselves better. I never even new about the YouTube page.

You've reached the editorial department. Please press 6 for marketing...

Dr_Sprocket 12-11-2008 05:48 AM

... and prevents corrosion, too!

seruzawa 12-11-2008 08:20 AM

Simple precautions help a lot. A good chain hooked to a fence post is cheap and works good. It also helps to live someplace that isn't overrun with criminals. My main solution to bike theft is to buy used bikes and to avoid owning sportbikes and HDs. Ugly bikes are best. V-Strom owners are perfectly safe.