Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 First Ride

Original Article:
2009 Triumph Daytona 675 First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

It'd be nice to see how this would stack up to the Ducati 848. I was at the Ducati dealer this past weekend, checking out the 848 and 1098. Man! Those are some sweet bikes! IMHO, the Triumph Daytona 675 is just as good looking. I wonder about the real-world (commuting) practicality of either bike. Anyone have any input?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
It'd be nice to see how this would stack up to the Ducati 848. I was at the Ducati dealer this past weekend, checking out the 848 and 1098. Man! Those are some sweet bikes! IMHO, the Triumph Daytona 675 is just as good looking. I wonder about the real-world (commuting) practicality of either bike. Anyone have any input?
I'd say a twin or triple would be more livable on the street, if the monkey humping a football riding position is for you...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I'd say a twin or triple would be more livable on the street, if the monkey humping a football riding position is for you...
I sat on both the 1098 and 848 and it didn't feel too bad to me. Of course, sitting on a bike in the showroom is not the same as taking it out for hours on end. Do most Ducati dealers permit test rides?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
I sat on both the 1098 and 848 and it didn't feel too bad to me. Of course, sitting on a bike in the showroom is not the same as taking it out for hours on end. Do most Ducati dealers permit test rides?
All Ducati dealers get Demo bikes. My suggestion is to buy one that's near the end of demo service. The first (maybe second) services would have been performed and they're sold under the two year factory warranty. You save money on the bike and the initial services. Oh- that goes for the Triumphs, too.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

When I was the F&I Mgr at Atl Triumph Ducati I routinely took the D675 demo bike home. I'm waaaay to round to enjoy the bike as my sole ride, but can tell you that riding home in ATL traffic wasn't nearly as bad as you'd think. The pegs were a tad high for stop n go traffic, but once I broke free from the slag I was a happy camper on the bike. Tor didn't mention it or I missed it, but I'm guessing the ergos really haven't changes that much.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I haven't ridden a 675 but I spend several hours in LA traffic on a 1098s and found the ergos not too torturous. The seat will roast your a$$ in slowgoing though.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I haven't ridden a 675 but I spend several hours in LA traffic on a 1098s and found the ergos not too torturous. The seat will roast your a$$ in slowgoing though.
Roast or Broil? Either way it sounds crispy.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Let me say in light of Ace's post the below may be bull.

I haven't heard of any Ducati dealerships offering test rides unless they really want it off the showroom. My brother got the big 4 demo when he bought his 996 back in the day. Which is buy it and return in less that 15 miles if you dont want it. Triumph, bmw, buell / HD are about the only ones consistently offering demo's. Maybe hope that the IMS is offering demo rides or get in good with your local duc dealer. Granted if I showed enough interest and knowledge about the bike, and showed up on mine most places hand me the keys. Then again Ive never asked for the keys to a SS bike. All my demo rides have been adventure bikes or my BMW, your Uly being one of them along with the KTM adv and the GS adv.

Last edited by 12er : 12-01-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: looking like the dork that I am
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

The Daytona is mildly more comfortable than the 848, and the underseat exhaust of the Duc is hotter. The quartet of bikes from the Big Four are more accommodating. Check out our '08 Supersport Shootout (http://origin-www.motorcycle.com/sho...82371.html)for more info (and good video) on the barely changed Daytona.

Duc 848 info (and more cool video) can be found here: http://origin-www.motorcycle.com/man...est-71220.html
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote