Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   The new Arais are here! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/10017-new-arais-here.html)

The_AirHawk 11-18-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 197783)
Unfortunately until they come up with a modular helmet I'm not too interested. I like the option of getting some fresh air and regular helmets tear my earings out so I'll stick to my Shoei for now.

If you'd stop wearing those gaudy dangly-diamond earrings, or them giant F'n hoops when you go riding, you wouldn't have that problem.

pushrod 11-18-2008 12:59 PM

I've been an ARAI guy for years, but my beloved Cathcart Replica is at the end of its service life.

I can't stand the thought of renting another hat for 6 years at $100(+) a year.

I'm taking my Long Oval noggin to the Shark store, I think...

sachiwilson 11-18-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 197815)
Arais fit me great, are quiet and comfortable. Plus on Ebay I save a hundred $ or more.

Getting a year-old model can save a bit as well.

Dr_Sprocket 11-18-2008 04:20 PM

Sweet graphics. The Nicky Hayden is nice, but for my money I'd go with the Dani Pedrosa model -- a little old-school, a little new-school.

The_AirHawk 11-18-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 197854)
Sweet graphics. The Nicky Hayden is nice, but for my money I'd go with the Dani Pedrosa model -- a little old-school, a little new-school.

Honda's been sayin' that for Two Years!

;-)

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 197824)
I've been an ARAI guy for years, but my beloved Cathcart Replica is at the end of its service life.

I can't stand the thought of renting another hat for 6 years at $100(+) a year.

I'm taking my Long Oval noggin to the Shark store, I think...

Give me your size and your choice of a new Arai lid, It will cost you 499.00. I'll get it through my dealer.

Retire your lid after a maximum of 5yrs, so it protects you when you need it.Besides you know what they say,...10 dollar helmet 10.00 dollar head.

MOKE1K 11-18-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 197854)

How dare you support the shrimp that almost cost Nicky the championship,....just kiddin! Only wish they had the red bull graphics installed.

Dr_Sprocket 11-19-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 197861)
Honda's been sayin' that for Two Years!

;-)

Funny... and true.

pplassm 11-19-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 197872)
Besides you know what they say,...10 dollar helmet 10.00 dollar head.

Just to stir the pot a little, then. What do you think of this article:

Motorcycle Helmet Design, Helmet Standards and Head Protection - Gear Box - Motorcyclist Online

Also, apparently the UK's new helmet rating scheme has given poor marks to top of the line helmets like Arai and Shoei, while giving high grades to budget brands.

Discuss.

longride 11-19-2008 06:59 AM

Yeah Motorcyclist took the 'lid' off that old wives tale. It turned out the the 10 dollar helmet protected better than the 700 buck ones. I always wanted to find out who 'they' are. Those guys that say everything, 'they' seem to be wrong quite often.