Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2009 Honda VTX1300T Review

Original Article:
2009 Honda VTX1300T Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2009 Honda VTX1300T Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Nice write up. Wow, you're vertically challenged. Did you ride the V-Star? What would be your impression of the best of the two? I really like Yamaha's and from previous bikes I prefer the service intervals over Honda's, but things are different than just the last few years. Once again, nice write up.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Yes, nice write up. Although I have to be honest, I ripped through it just to find out whether the mighty Honda "f i n a l l y" injected the darn thing? What a surprise,...they havent? Is there a new owner running Honda? They must not care that almost every other manufacture has already made the jump on "mostly" ever cruiser excluding most Yamaha's. Maybe its a smart move just because of the lack of economic growth in America and abroad, who knows, still cant believe it though.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

My wife likes big V-twin cruisers and so I've considered buying one for touring. They can be set up to be quite comfortable and usually get decent gas mileage. BTW 1300cc is still a big V-twin.

But the ridiculous weights always make me change my mind. Why do these things have to weight 75lbs+ more than my GL1100 tourer? Do they use cast iron frame joints like HD used to? Is it required to have floorboards that drag at the drop of a hat? Even two up my GL1100 easily humiliates Yamaha's Road Stars up and down Logan Canyon. Is this progress? I'd bet even my old Shovelhead would easily out run most of these monsters on a mountain road.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
My wife likes big V-twin cruisers and so I've considered buying one for touring. They can be set up to be quite comfortable and usually get decent gas mileage. BTW 1300cc is still a big V-twin.

But the ridiculous weights always make me change my mind. Why do these things have to weight 75lbs+ more than my GL1100 tourer? Do they use cast iron frame joints like HD used to? Is it required to have floorboards that drag at the drop of a hat? Even two up my GL1100 easily humiliates Yamaha's Road Stars up and down Logan Canyon. Is this progress? I'd bet even my old Shovelhead would easily out run most of these monsters on a mountain road.
That's because they'd be dodging parts and crashing in the oil slick behind you.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Maybe thats why no ones behind him after he completes his extremely fast canyon runs!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 11-17-2008 at 07:24 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Maybe thats why no ones behind him after he completes his extremely fast canyon runs!
You laugh but one of my buddies with a Road Star is always shedding sparks trying to keep up. How sad is that? Can't even keep up with a 28 year old touring barge. LOL!

Anyhow any self-respecting Shovelhead owner has installed the accessory trailing parts catching net by now. And running 60wt oil reduces the leakage substantially.... at least 500 miles per quart!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
That's because they'd be dodging parts and crashing in the oil slick behind you.
Where's that 100K for the HD stock? Get longride to send me another $100K for my super-duper GM stock special.. today only!... and there'll be a commission for you.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iv heard GM's doing great,... IN CHINA?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You laugh but one of my buddies with a Road Star is always shedding sparks trying to keep up. How sad is that? Can't even keep up with a 28 year old touring barge. LOL!

Anyhow any self-respecting Shovelhead owner has installed the accessory trailing parts catching net by now. And running 60wt oil reduces the leakage substantially.... at least 500 miles per quart!
Well ya, I know the clearance is meek on the road stars due to the floor boards. Doesnt yours have a bit more though?

Or maybe your just a better rider?