Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Events

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default A CHALLENGE TO SO.CAL MOrons!

As Pete posted in the MX forum, this Holloween the guy who produces "The MX Files" Todd Huffman, will be hosting "The Monsters of Motocross" at the California Theater in sunny San Bernadino.

Meet your motorcross heros from the 70's and 80's, like Bob Hannah, David Bailey, Brad Lackey and more. A rumor that John DeSoto will show up has not been confirmed, but is a defenite "maybe".

Yours truly will be there, camera and notbook in hand, under the off-road.com banner to interview and shoot pics of bikes and riders from the greatest period in MX history.

And since proceeds go to the Reeves & Irvine Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, it's for a very good cause (one that I can appreciate).

So I challenge all you MOrons from Southern California, and beyond the great scorched left coast to attend, and the drinks are on me.

Here's the link to buy tickets:
Monsters of Motocross

Last edited by mscuddy; 10-15-2008 at 09:05 PM..

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Sounds cool. I don't know if having it on Halloween is such a great idea. Some of us Mofos have kids.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You ba$tards had tha fling out there so youcould get out of buying me drinks! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well this is one of the few times I've been sorry I don't live nearby. I'd love to go..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

David Bailey's gonna be there, we might have a wheelchair race through the commisary section of the theater. Hey, it doesn't matter he was a three time ironman champ (in a chair mind you, against able bodied athletes). Quite a guy. Sorry you can't make it shipmate, I would have bottled up something special fer ya'.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #6
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Default make you a deal...

I'm too young to know who any of those guys are, and I live a couple thousand miles away. In lieu of attending I wrote a check to the Reeve-Irvine Research Center. It doesn't have many zeros on it but it's something.

The Reeve-Irvine Research Center
University of California, Irvine
2107 Gillespie Building
Irvine, CA 92697-4292
Attn: Tania Cusack
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks Tripleripple, that's a big deal for people like me in a chair. Maybe someday they'll get off their a$$es and get some procedure in place to fix people like me, David Bailey & Magoo. David said that they have the stem cell research together now, but the FDA won't approve it in the USA. Other countries like India, China & Pakistan (?) are on the leading edge of SCI research & fixing paralyzed folks like me. Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Thanks Tripleripple, that's a big deal for people like me in a chair. Maybe someday they'll get off their a$$es and get some procedure in place to fix people like me, David Bailey & Magoo. David said that they have the stem cell research together now, but the FDA won't approve it in the USA. Other countries like India, China & Pakistan (?) are on the leading edge of SCI research & fixing paralyzed folks like me. Thanks again.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Reaserch Center did stem cell replacement on my dad to treat his Multiple Myloma, so far he's been in remission for almost a year. I really hope the next administration throws it's weight behind this type of research for all it's applications, it given my dad some extra time and it can help people like yourself who've suffered so much.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That's great Sarnali, it's the next big medical breakthrough that will fix everything from dandruff to quadraplegia. Hard to believe the No.1 country on Earth has been hamstrung by bible thumpers on cell replacement, and now that they can take skin cells and make them mimic stem cells, it's only a matter of time. I'm looking forward to walking again someday. And roosting all my old dirt bike buddies again (they'd hate that). Maybe I'll get a 441 Victor...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I really think it'll happen, like you said the rest of the worlds scientific community is making leaps and bounds in this area while we're mollycoddling tub thumpers.

Thousands and thousands of cancer victims like my dad have been given a new lease on life even if only for a few years. Once they crack the code the skys the limit, organs, spinal cords, eyeballs..

The day you can ride again I'll be glad to toss in a couple bucks for a bike, I'll probably ride down to watch LOL

Closed Thread