Never heard of Rick Sieman?

Horrors.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Rick Sieman is a a writer who did articals for Dirt Bike Magazine way back in the early 70's as Super Hunky.

Back then there were no dirt specific motorcycle magazines, there was Cycle, Cycle Guide and Cycle World, along with Motorcyclist. Since there were very few factory dirt bikes in the first place, there were few tests. The only ones making real dirt bikes and motocrossers were the Europeans with Husquvarna, CZ, Maico Bultaco, Montessa, Ossa, Greeves and BSA.

With the explosion of dirt biking in general and motocross and enduros in the late 60's early 70's Piasano Publications came out with a specific magazine to cater to the new enthusiasts called Dirt Bike and Rick Sieman was the editor. They later came out with MotoCross Action to cater to that market. Interestingly enough they also published Easy Rider which originally was an inside thing for the hardcore crowd before it became the parody of itself that it is today, but I digress.....

Rick Sieman along with Bud Eakins, Malcolm Smith and Steve McQueen along with Dan Brown probably did more for the dirt bike industry in this country than anyone else I can think of.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote