MOTORCYCLE COLLECTION

Saturday, November 21st at 11:00 AM

Preview: 8:00 – 11:00 AM, Morning of Sale

The Bettencourt Collection
106 Hale Street, Bridgewater, MA
For pictures CLICK HERE
Additional New pictures CLICK HERE
Yet more New pictures CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE for a listing of bikes and condition ratings.

Over 180 Classic Motorcycles from the Bettencourt collection, which started in the 1950’s. This collection is being sold at NO RESERVE to help Dave Bettencourt fight Leukemia. Large Honda Collection from 1959 to 1984, Norton, BSA, Bultaco, CZ (including D!ck’s “Red Tank” CZ), Triumph, Harley-Davidson, Indian, Suzuki, Ossa, Yamaha, Jawa, Francis Barnett, Rickman, Vespa, Laverda, Yankee, NSU, MZ, Bridgestone, Montessa and Bicycles. Conditions include: Low Mileage Originals, Restored Bikes, Average Bikes and Project Bikes.

Terms: Cash, Pre-approved or Guaranteed Check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. There will be a 13% Buyer’s Premium with a 3% Discount for Cash, Pre-approved Check or Guaranteed Check. Payment on the day of sale.
AUCTIONEER’S NOTE: I have known this collection for over thirty years. D!ck helped me start our vintage auction business by selling me some machines over 20 years ago. When David became the curator for the collection, he added many of the bikes he enjoyed while growing up in the motorcycle business.

There are some of the very old machines from the forty’s that D!ck put away a long time ago. There is an extensive Honda collection that starts with one of the first Honda 300 Dreams brought into the US in 1959. We have a bunch of the early 50cc’s including step-thrus, QA50s, Z50s, MR50s, 70’s, Trail 90s, and an early 125 SS. There is a good selection of the 250 and 305 Dreams, CB’s and Scramblers. There are 400 and 750 single cam Super Sports, a perfect ’71 CB 750, some Goldwings and CBX’s, right up to D!ck’s personal VF 1000R. Bettencourt’s sold BSA’s, and there is a good selection of those, as well as a few Triumph’s and Norton’s.

The shop has always been heavily involved in racing and we have both “red tank” and “coffin tank” CZ’s, Bultacos Elsinors and others. Dave has a nice Harley-Davidson CR Café and a perfect Laverda SFS, as well as some of the small Harleys. The collection is diverse and there will be something for everyone from perfect bikes to projects. We will have a complete list and photos on our website.

David has helped countless racers and motorcycle events over the years. To pay him back we need you folks to come out and buy these bikes to help raise money to help Dave beat Leukemia. Most of the folks working the auction will be volunteers. Thank you and we hope to see you there!
Jerry Wood

Last edited by mscuddy : 11-02-2009 at 06:39 PM.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Y'know, the Net Nanny not likin' the word "****" is starting to get annoying. Almost as pissy as it deleting "pet****".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Buttscratchers! BUTTSCRATCHERS! buttscratchers! BUTTSCRATCHERS!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
pplassm
Founding Member

That's right around my old stomping grounds. Can I pick up anything for you guys?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Yes, you can!

Pick me up a nice coffin tanked 400CZ 1973 vintage. I'll pay you back when I get my issue of Obamadollars.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #6
pplassm
Founding Member

This one?

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/2009/...Auction002.jpg
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Nostalgia is great and all that but one only has to actually ride a 30 year old bike to be reminded of how crude so many of them were. And really does anyone WANT to deal with bikes that are heavy, handle for shyt and break a lot? These are display only kind of things. Which is fine. Just don't think you'd be able to ride the things. Where are you going to get a piston for a 70s CZ?

After my brief experience with collector cars I've decided that nostalgia is best remembered, not re-lived. Unless I can find a Datsun 1600 Fairlady somewhere. That's entirely different.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

A piston for a '70 CZ? Easy, Bertus Jawa-CZ in Hacendia Heights, Kobelschmidt (German) piston, two hundred sixty bucks, rings fifty bucks. Wrist pin & bearing (plus clips) forty bucks.

Not cheap, but how many times do you replace a CZ piston? Not many...

I dunno, one of those low mileage Hondas after you've cleaned it up, changed a gasket or two, it will pretty much will run forever. Remember, that's what made Honda, those old evil handling heavy ANVIL LIKE RELIABLE motorcycles. Like a Yamaha Enduro.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post

Yes, that's the one. Even has a blue tank, and a trick pipe. drool drool...and what looks like a CMS swingarm and poppy bodied Konies...but what is that carb? A Bing? Egads...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The blue tank is a 250, should have a Jerk'ov on it..I can't believe I traded my dads red frame ally tanked 380 for a ratchet lid 4 speed, three finger clutch and tin primaries...must have been out of my flippin mind...

Anyway correct on the restoration deal, i planned on doing a resto on my dads '89 Range Rover Classic. I was in it for a grand just on penny-ante sh*t and had a $10k list to go. Maybe when I get Leno's coin but not on a working stiffs salary.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote