Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Events

Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
lborgens
Registered Member

Default Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure – September 26th & 27th, 2009

Fellow Dual Sport Rider,

It's that time again... The "end of summer" ride to attend this year is the Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure. It’s an AMA Sanctioned event and a part of the KTM National Dual Sport trail Ride Series held at the gateway to Yosemite National Park, Buck Meadows California.

This event is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle. If you are a part of Team Orange then this is a "must attend" event designed especially for you. If you don't ride a KTM then that's fine too! KTM is the major sponsor of this event but it's really about getting into the back-country and enjoying the trails, right?

This two day, GPS based, self-guided adventure includes scenic & historic destinations in and around Yosemite National Park and the Stanislaus National Forest. Using paved and unpaved roads with options of "hard" & "easy" splits, you’ll have approximately 100 miles of fun each day! "Easy" routes are perfect for beginning riders or large adventure bikes while experienced riders will have the opportunity to be challenged by choosing "hard" splits. All routes are approximately 85% dirt and "hard" splits are longer (more dirt!).

Event is operated under permit from the Stanislaus National Forest and limited to 100 riders so register early! This event caters to ALL street legal dual sport motorcycles.

For more details or to register on-line please see our website at: Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure

Happy Trails!

- Lawrence Borgens
lborgens is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Sounds like a blast. Too bad I have no Dual to play with.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

You can borrow mine if you leave the BMW.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
SmokeU
Registered Member

Wanna take my Concours?
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Everybody go there. It'll leave more room at King's Canyon/Sequoia.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
Wanna take my Concours?
Unless you put a 19" front wheel and a new suspension, I don't think we can call the Connie a Dual Sport...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
12er
Founding Member

I'm going on something similar in Nov in the so cal desert. Borrowing a buddies wife's GS for the ride. Should be fun.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Unless you put a 19" front wheel and a new suspension, I don't think we can call the Connie a Dual Sport...

Oh I've gotten some air on dirt roads before. As far as grass etc, I wouldn't trust the thing. It'd be fun to thrash though.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
lborgens
Registered Member

Default Late Registration Extended - Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure – September 26th & 27th, 2

Fellow Dual Sport Rider,

It’s almost here…

With only about 50 spots left open for this year’s run we are extending early registration until Midnight on Monday September 7th, 2009!

What are people saying about Family Off-Road Adventures events?

“In the morning I was a beginner rider and at the end of the day I felt like I was closer to an intermediate… Once I made it thru my confidence had risen and I now feel more willing to be adventuresome on my rides. Looking forward to another ride with FORA.”
- Ms. Debi P., Benicia, CA

“… A group of strangers quickly became friends at the morning registration and safety meeting, brought together by our love of adventure and the outdoors.

"Hey look at that.", "Great idea.", "Where did you find that?" and "I'm going to do that to mine." could be heard through the group as we looked over each other’s rides, the personal modifications we had made sent sparks of inspiration through the group.

There was no "us" and "them" based on what you ride, you were there, and what matters is you do ride…

… Amazed at the trails we were riding, "You couldn't make mud like this if you tried" and "This is the most challenging ride ever” could be heard…

… There was only one way to come out of this ride, being a better rider, knowing your abilities better, and finding that there was a whole lot more you could do on your ride then you ever thought.

I look forward to next year, I will be there!”

- Mr. Scott M., Tracy, CA

Event is operated under permit from the Stanislaus National Forest and caters to ALL street legal dual sport motorcycles.

For more details or to register on-line please see our website at: Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure

Happy Trails!
lborgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
pplassm
Founding Member

Sound like a great ride. If I was on that coast, I'd be there!