Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Tech Support

Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
jcbii
Registered Member

Default How do I get out?

Damn, joining Motorcycle.com is worse than joining AOL. At least AOL will let you call some "Ahole" who refuses to let you cancel your subscription. Motorcycle.com provides NO information on canceling, along with the fact that they do not have any REAL way to be contacted. I've sent them emails requesting that I be switched from an "automatic" renewal of my subscription to manual. You know, so the decision is actually mine as to whether or not I want to renew. But do they respond? Of course not. They just want the $$$.

And take a look at their website. Where in the hell do you go to change account information (like subscriptions)? I can "subcribe" to a thread (whatever that means, and who gives a Sh##!). I can provide additional information about myself all day long (you know, so it can be sold to every other person/business that would like that info). I can do just about anything, accept change or cancel my subscription. This website is like the mafia. I guess once you're "in", there's no getting out.

So now I have two choices. Either cancel my credit card so further "unauthorized" charges to it from Motorcycle.com can no longer occur. Or just have the charge reversed the next time it happens. All I wanted to do was change from automatic to manual. But now this place has really pissed me off, and I don't want to have a damn thing to do with it.

But hey, I guess I'll be around for awhile. My subscription was just renewed again without my permission.
jcbii is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This place is just like the Roach Motel. You can check in but you can't check out. Did you hit the 'Contact Us' link and send a note through that?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Did you check your User CP?

I'll notify the administrator to see what (s)he can do.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Don't call us, we'll call you.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Welcome to the Hotel California.....
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

You don't need that money as much as MO does. It's for the less fortunate, you know?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
jcbii
Registered Member

Well I have to say I like the responders here. lol Gotta have a sense of humor with this place!

To those who asked, I tried the "contact us" and the User CP. Neither option has given me any response or information on how to change or cancel my subscription.

Just for my own information, if someone else can actually find the option/area on the website that allows you to do this, I'd certainly like to know about it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
pushrod
Founding Member

Heck, I've only just figured out how to change my 'Signature'.

And I still haven't figured out the difference between 'Threaded', 'Hybrid' and 'Linear'.

I don't know about that 'subscription' stuff. Ashley or someone took care of it before MO-II came along and screwed everything up.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

After my first / last gym membership I learned never to allow automatic payments. I pay online most of my bills and they are reoccurring but its me sending it out, not someone coming into my account and taking. Learned with our fraudulent mortgage company that paying on line and having the bank cut the check is your best butt coverage out there. We paid before the first but since it was after the 17th they wrote us up as late. Even though we were in advance. Quick call to the bank and its now their problem to sort out as they cut the check. Kinda nice having a bank on your side for a change...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
jcbii
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
After my first / last gym membership I learned never to allow automatic payments. ..
I agree, but in all honesty, I don't remember signing up for an automatic payment. I thought that maybe motorcycle.com just switched everyone over to that method of payment. I only found out because I saw the charge on my bank statement. All I can say at this time is that any business that does not make it easy for you to check/change your account and related payment options is being less than honorable. Right now, I feel more like a "mark" than a customer.

And, like you, I do not like automatic payments. The last one I had was with Consumer Reports (that's the only method they apparently allow). I had signed up with the intention of cancelling a year later. I actually forgot about it and for 3 years they collected an annual fee while I never even used the service. I'm guessing this is what some businesses count on. I'm sure they have financial analysts calculating the increased revenues from customers who simply forget they were paying annually. But at least Consumer Reports provides complete access to personal account information, with the ability to cancel at any time. I can't say the same for this site.