Yamaha FJR1300 5 27.78%
Kawasaki Concours 1400 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrayton2000 View Post
My daughter says just modify the ex500 into a sport tourer I just thought that real funny until i realized that I already have bought heated grips, added a stronger generator to support my heated vest
Would you mind divulging information on how you increased the output of your generator?

Thanks!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Would you mind divulging information on how you increased the output of your generator?

Thanks!
Sure I'm not quite sure how my friend did it but I do know it invovled taking the generator from a wrecked 2001 ZRX1200 and fabracating a bigger spot for a More powerful battery. The generator that was originally on the EX500 worked ok but it just didn't supply enough power to my vest liner to make it work effectively I would ask him myself for you Exactly how he did it but Dan is currently in Afghanistan. hope that helped
rkrayton2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
As much as I love my 03 Sprint ST, I'm thinkin' you should try the new Tiger. Ergoes are a bit easier, and the bike is a do-anything kind of machine. Even though the Triumph bags kinda suck, they do hold a good bit o' stuff, and a top box is optional.

I suppose the same arguments apply for the Buell Ulysses, but I have no firsthand knowledge of that bike.

You don't mention your height and inseam. Those can be important, because more than a few bikes are uncomfortable for long legged riders, and the short-armed folks have trouble with the reach to the bars on some bikes.

And why the heck am I not allowed to edit my posts?
Thanks I'm '5' "11" with a 34 inseam and as far as the editing your posts cant help you thanks for the info
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I vote SprintST!

If you want us to choose between sport tourers then you should list real sport tourers rather than these 600+ lb behemoths that are only sport bikes in some marketing man's delusional universe.

Shouldn't the list be:

SprintST
VFR
Capo Nord
ST3/4
Norge

At least list bikes closer to 500 lbs. Calling something a 600+ lb something a "sport tourer" don't make it so. After all, they call some minivans "sport" too.
Thanks but I'm aiming more for the tour side so the weight is not super important but I'm getting alot of comments that I should reconsider the weight issue The VFR is a choice I am now considering my dealer has a 2004 interceptor that he "said" he would give me a good deal on. Thanks for the info
Old 07-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #15
mugwump58
Registered Member

Default More electric on a 500?

Can't wait till your friend returns from OEF. Don't give up on the 500 as an ST. New springs in the front with emulators, Wilbers makes a rear shock with all the bells and whistles, to include remote preload for the GPZ500s. Hepco and Becker make racks for the bike and the Journey 42 liter hard bags fit, there are top cases to. Ok, the more power thing I can't help you with. Sat on an ST 1300 today in fact, how do you work on that thing,what's it take a day to remove all of the plastic? It is a big bike!

Anyone interested in donating to "Buy the Mugwump a 'Strada" please feel free to contact me.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrayton2000 View Post
Sure I'm not quite sure how my friend did it but I do know it invovled taking the generator from a wrecked 2001 ZRX1200 and fabracating a bigger spot for a More powerful battery. The generator that was originally on the EX500 worked ok but it just didn't supply enough power to my vest liner to make it work effectively I would ask him myself for you Exactly how he did it but Dan is currently in Afghanistan. hope that helped
More than you know. Thanks!

I've got a friend in Iraq right now, too. God keep them both Safe.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Out of the three you mentioned I voted for the 1400 Connie, I think that's going to be a pretty cool ride. For myself I'd try to find a K1200 GT or R1200 RT which is what I plan to get next in a year or two, or I might get the Connie after all. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen and heard of it so far.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:03 AM   #18
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
More than you know. Thanks!

I've got a friend in Iraq right now, too. God keep them both Safe.
Amen!!! I'll say a prayer for your friend too
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #19
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump58 View Post
Can't wait till your friend returns from OEF. Don't give up on the 500 as an ST. New springs in the front with emulators, Wilbers makes a rear shock with all the bells and whistles, to include remote preload for the GPZ500s. Hepco and Becker make racks for the bike and the Journey 42 liter hard bags fit, there are top cases to. Ok, the more power thing I can't help you with. Sat on an ST 1300 today in fact, how do you work on that thing,what's it take a day to remove all of the plastic? It is a big bike!

Anyone interested in donating to "Buy the Mugwump a 'Strada" please feel free to contact me.
Rode the St yesterday great bike smooth and plenty of power that being said everybody was right IT WAS TOO HEAVY!!! Thanks for info on upgrades it is looking more and more attractive but got a test ride on the Yamaha FJR today
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #20
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Out of the three you mentioned I voted for the 1400 Connie, I think that's going to be a pretty cool ride. For myself I'd try to find a K1200 GT or R1200 RT which is what I plan to get next in a year or two, or I might get the Connie after all. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen and heard of it so far.
I love the R1200 I rode the ST version but the reason I chose the three I did because once I decide all I have to do is sign the paperwork too bad my dealer does not sell BMW thanks for you imput. test ride concours sat 7/21