Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Tech Support

Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

You can't just go changing your account name willy-nilly at the drop of a hat! Think of the kids! What about the bills, your credit rating, the church? What is wrong with people today?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Am I included in "you people"?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Am I included in "you people"?
Depends. Still hitting that touring pipe?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Your mother and father gave you that name out of love and family tradition, is that not good enough for you? There's been a SoCalCycle serving this country since the 1700's....do you think your Great Great Great grandfather SoCalCycle thought about changing his name while he shivered with cold next to George Washington at Valley Forge?.......How about you Great Great Grandfather SoCalCycle while he was marching to Atlanta with Gen. Sherman, do you think he thought his name wasn't "cool" enough?.......SoCalCycle was certainly good enough for your Great Grandfather while he was slogging through the mud at Belleau Wood with General "Black Jack" Pershing.......I didn't here your Grandfather SoCalCycle complain about his name while he re-armed Hellcats aboard the Lexington, I guess it was good enough for him too!

But not for you eh? I guess we could change it to "Mr. Toogoodforhisfamily"....or Mr. "SoCalCycleissolameIwant tobeAaron" .....Well, you should be ashamed of yourself young man, if your grandfather was alive today he'd probably keel over dead with shame at the little ingrate he used to bounce on his knee.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #15
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Depends. Still hitting that touring pipe?
I'm still on the pipe, its an addiction, I like the pipe better then the can.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Your mother and father gave you that name out of love and family tradition, is that not good enough for you? There's been a SoCalCycle serving this country since the 1700's....do you think your Great Great Great grandfather SoCalCycle thought about changing his name while he shivered with cold next to George Washington at Valley Forge?.......How about you Great Great Grandfather SoCalCycle while he was marching to Atlanta with Gen. Sherman, do you think he thought his name wasn't "cool" enough?.......SoCalCycle was certainly good enough for your Great Grandfather while he was slogging through the mud at Belleau Wood with General "Black Jack" Pershing.......I didn't here your Grandfather SoCalCycle complain about his name while he re-armed Hellcats aboard the Lexington, I guess it was good enough for him too!

But not for you eh? I guess we could change it to "Mr. Toogoodforhisfamily"....or Mr. "SoCalCycleissolameIwant tobeAaron" .....Well, you should be ashamed of yourself young man, if your grandfather was alive today he'd probably keel over dead with shame at the little ingrate he used to bounce on his knee.......
You know.... it's funny that you bring up every name my daughter missed in her semester ending 5th grade Social Studies test in December. Are we the last generation that remembers history?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You know.... it's funny that you bring up every name my daughter missed in her semester ending 5th grade Social Studies test in December. Are we the last generation that remembers history?

It makes one wonder does it not? I hate being political but the focus seems to have shifted away from the "dead white guys" who built this country to more esoteric subjects like the evil Europeans ill treatment of basically everyone they came across. It's a wonder we had time to usher in the modern era starting with the industrial revolution we were so busy oppressing everyone.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Are we the last generation that remembers history?
No, kids will grow up. The smart ones will discover history.They will curse the educators that hid the truth from them. The dumb ones won't care.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
pushrod
Founding Member

In the same vein, how many kids that watch Avatar (which you just gotta go see in a 3-D theatre with a monster sound system! Really!) realize it's another "white man stomping on the red man and destroying his sacred sites" story?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
In the same vein, how many kids that watch Avatar (which you just gotta go see in a 3-D theatre with a monster sound system! Really!) realize it's another "white man stomping on the red man and destroying his sacred sites" story?
James Cameron proved that you can in fact polish a turd.