Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Too funny

Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

And too accurate. Mindless zombies who respond to empty phrases - "Change we can believe in". LOL!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm pulling for Obama to do well. Unlike our liberal friends that demonized Bush and made him responsible for every malady on earth, I certainly understand that most of what will happen in his Presidency will be out of his control. The fact will be that the conservative press is going to crucify him like their counterparts did Bush. What went around is going to come around. He made a lot of lofty promises that certainly won't come to pass. I still hope that he does well for the sake of the country.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

Did you see the video of Jesse Jackson with tears in his eyes?

Do you think maybe he realizes his whole 'Civil Rights' thing has become moot? MLK's dream has been realized.

Look, a mixed-race (Kenyan-Kansan) kid from a broken home, with no apparent assistance from Affirmative Action programs, has become President-Elect of the greatest nation on Earth.

So, logic would indicate that the 'poor, downtrodden' person of color has no one to blame but himself. It appears that Bill Cosby (and several other prominent minority luminaries) has been right all along.

Jesse might be looking for a real job!

I didn't vote for the O/B team, but I wish him/them the very best. The next four years promise to be one he!! of a ride.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

That's the bottom line LR, whoever won their hands would have been tied cleaning up the wreckage from the last go round. I hope the guy does well, he seems like such a nice young man........

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Did you see the video of Jesse Jackson with tears in his eyes?

Do you think maybe he realizes his whole 'Civil Rights' thing has become moot? MLK's dream has been realized.

Look, a mixed-race (Kenyan-Kansan) kid from a broken home, with no apparent assistance from Affirmative Action programs, has become President-Elect of the greatest nation on Earth.

So, logic would indicate that the 'poor, downtrodden' person of color has no one to blame but himself. It appears that Bill Cosby (and several other prominent minority luminaries) has been right all along.

Jesse might be looking for a real job!

I didn't vote for the O/B team, but I wish him/them the very best. The next four years promise to be one he!! of a ride.
He's crying because it's not him up there.

I'm with LR on this one. Hope he does well though I'm keeping a keen eye on their plans for 401k's.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

One thing I DO NOT want to hear is blame on the past administration. Every administration had plenty of problems from the past. Deal with it. It's his job to get it done and get it right. He's the boss now. He made the promises. He will find the 'American Public' has little patience, and even less loyalty, if things don't get fixed. If the press then smells blood, it could be a train wreck. I hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

You know it will, that's what they live for. Look how they hounded Clinton for 8 years then they turned on Bush just as quick. They'll give Obama a pass for awhile but sooner or later he'll miss-step and that's that. It's the nature of the press, they couldn't change if they wanted to

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Did you see the video of Jesse Jackson with tears in his eyes?"

There was a camera there, so Jesse was performing. Wasn't that the same guy that said he wanted to chop off Obama's nuts for talking down to Blacks? Please don't bring that liar and race baiter into the picture.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I suspect there are a lot of McCain supporters who are trying to figure out what to do next too. It's hardly unique to either party.

One thing that is interesting: Obama built a massive grass-roots organization during the campaign. The "pundits" say (FWIW) that it's like nothing seen before. Because I donated I got a steady stream of emails throughout the campaign. The last one came just before the acceptance speech, and it says at the end: "we have a lot of would to do...I'll be in touch about what comes next."

I wonder if he really intends to stay in touch and use this base of supporters, or if it's just hype. It would be pretty unique if he actually involved average people like me in government.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I suspect there are a lot of McCain supporters who are trying to figure out what to do next too. It's hardly unique to either party.

One thing that is interesting: Obama built a massive grass-roots organization during the campaign. The "pundits" say (FWIW) that it's like nothing seen before. Because I donated I got a steady stream of emails throughout the campaign. The last one came just before the acceptance speech, and it says at the end: "we have a lot of would to do...I'll be in touch about what comes next."

I wonder if he really intends to stay in touch and use this base of supporters, or if it's just hype. It would be pretty unique if he actually involved average people like me in government.
It was seen before when Reagan ran for Pres. Pundits as usual have SMS... Short Memory Syndrome. The pundits and media hacks have also managed to prove their one-sided pro-Dem partisanship beyond question. Achieving an approval rate lower than congress is quite a feat.

Voter turnout amongst the young voters was as abysmal as usual. The Dems would be foolish to think there is some sort of groundswell of love for them. There WAS a groundswell of "enough of the hypocrite Republicans". It'll turn back again like it always does. Voting numbers weren't much more than past elections with at least half the eligible voters sitting home watching "Dancing With The Stars". The Lib idiots will start with their stupid gun control shyt and other ridiculous lunacies and they'll lose big time just like before. They can't help themselves.

Obama either ignores his promises and alientates his base of loons or he carries them out which will cement a long period of economic recession.

He'll find out real quick that wanting to be President is entirely different than actually being President. And he won't be able to send the FBI out to intimidate the opposition like he used the Mob in Chicago.

He's a one termer for sure. Hillary will see to that. Her last chance is 2012 and only a fool ever counts the Clintons out.