Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Too funny (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/9949-too-funny.html)

Kenneth_Moore 11-08-2008 08:23 AM

Blackwater / Bush

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 197383)
The go signal is if he tries to create that internal security army he was talking about. How much you wanna bet such an army would swear loyalty to him and not the Constitution.

Zawa, if that's your "go" signal you are very late leaving! The private army concept has been built and implemented already by the Bush/Cheney adminsitration. Over the past 6 years or so with Bush/Cheney, this is seen in the heavy use of Blackwater, mostly in Iraq, but also domestically during Katrina and some other natural disasters. This has been one of the issues of greatest concern among not just Liberals but even many Republicans. It's been all over the news, especially the complete lack of accountability to anyone by the Blackwater "troops" in Iraq. The related subcontractors are under investigation for everything from failing to provide clean water to our troops to outright theft. There were recent Congressional hearings where the Blackwater Pres was brought in to testify on the charges. There has also been very public outcry about the fact that we're paying the private army guys as much as 10 times as much as the GIs, and giving them better equipment!

I've followed the campaign very closely and I never heard anything even remotely like this from Obama. If you have a source on this I would really like to see it. My bet (and hope) is that the new Administration will severly cut back on Blackwater contracts and return the military role to where it belongs: the US military. If nothing else the cost of the private army has been horrendous, and their quality of service has been abysmal.

BrowningBAR 11-09-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 197354)
I haven't seen the details on the youth vote, but every report I saw indicated an incredibly high volume of voting. I have never seen anything like the lines we had in Florida to vote. People waited 4-6 hours, that's incredible.

Voting numbers were the same as 2004.

BrowningBAR 11-09-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 197325)
I wonder if he really intends to stay in touch and use this base of supporters, or if it's just hype. It would be pretty unique if he actually involved average people like me in government.

You are a marketing man's dream, Kenneth. Good luck to you and I hope Obama pans out as well as you hope.

seruzawa 11-09-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 197399)
Zawa, if that's your "go" signal you are very late leaving! The private army concept has been built and implemented already by the Bush/Cheney adminsitration. Over the past 6 years or so with Bush/Cheney, this is seen in the heavy use of Blackwater, mostly in Iraq, but also domestically during Katrina and some other natural disasters. This has been one of the issues of greatest concern among not just Liberals but even many Republicans. It's been all over the news, especially the complete lack of accountability to anyone by the Blackwater "troops" in Iraq. The related subcontractors are under investigation for everything from failing to provide clean water to our troops to outright theft. There were recent Congressional hearings where the Blackwater Pres was brought in to testify on the charges. There has also been very public outcry about the fact that we're paying the private army guys as much as 10 times as much as the GIs, and giving them better equipment!

I've followed the campaign very closely and I never heard anything even remotely like this from Obama. If you have a source on this I would really like to see it. My bet (and hope) is that the new Administration will severly cut back on Blackwater contracts and return the military role to where it belongs: the US military. If nothing else the cost of the private army has been horrendous, and their quality of service has been abysmal.

Took me 5 seconds and Google to find his proposal.

Cryptic Subterranean: Obama's Private Army