Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Will there be a glut of used bikes on the market in 2009? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/9838-will-there-glut-used-bikes-market-2009-a.html)

BrowningBAR 10-26-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 196616)
Either way, I'm not yet regretting my decision to lock in my heating oil at $4.69.

Ugh! That was the lock in offer I got back in late June. I rolled the dice on heating oil and it paid off. My first shipment was at $2.799. And with the wood stove I installed I don't see needing much more than one more shipment. But right now a delivery will cost me $2.499 a gallon and I can still lock in at any time if I see a spike.

You live in Vermont, correct? I have to assume you've got a wood stove, if not, get one. It is the single greatest investment I have made in my home. It will cut my oil usage by about 40%-50% and I plan to install a second in the kitchen this spring. I'm done stressing about heating oil.

schizuki 10-26-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 196621)
You live in Vermont, correct? I have to assume you've got a wood stove, if not, get one.

Maine... close enough. And I've got a wood stove in the basement that the wife hates to use because she can't stand the smell. Screw it. I'm using it.

I'm not gripping about the cost. Unlike loser liberals, I live with the consequences of my decisions. Besides, lower oil prices are good news. Whattaya gonna do.

Buzglyd 10-27-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 196623)
Maine... close enough. And I've got a wood stove in the basement that the wife hates to use because she can't stand the smell. Screw it. I'm using it.

I'm not gripping about the cost. Unlike loser liberals, I live with the consequences of my decisions. Besides, lower oil prices are good news. Whattaya gonna do.

What is this "heating oil" you speak about?

I just bought a half cord of wood. More for romance and beach fires I suppose.

seruzawa 10-27-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 196637)

"Heating oil" is that stuff you are going to be paying for when that new "wealth spreading" policy gets implemented. Any questions? If so then your name will be taken down for further disposition.

Buzglyd 10-27-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 196641)
"Heating oil" is that stuff you are going to be paying for when that new "wealth spreading" policy gets implemented. Any questions? If so then your name will be taken down for further disposition.

Well the Euro is falling as fast as oil prices. Maybe I'll have to go there since an Obama kingdom will be more left wing than anyplace in Europe.

longride 10-27-2008 10:41 AM

I'm not leaving. I'm one of Obama's ignorant masses that will be clinging to religion and guns, and if that is too much for me, I'll just stick with the guns.

seruzawa 10-27-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 196646)
I'm not leaving. I'm one of Obama's ignorant masses that will be clinging to religion and guns, and if that is too much for me, I'll just stick with the guns.

Unhappy with merely being Senator of the State with City with the worst murder rate in the USA he plans to spread this "benevolence" everywhere. Yeah, maybe we can start having gang shoot outs every weekend in Salt Lake and Boise too. Yeah. That's the ticket. Turn the whole nation into a crime spree. Disarm everyone so they can be slaughtered more easily. You bet. Where do I sign up? ACORN?

longride 10-27-2008 11:28 AM

Chicago is now the murder capital of the world! Obama's programs are working wonderfully! Remember, we all have to make some concessions to live in a larger society.

From Sept 2003!
"The number of murders in Chicago this year tops 400 over the Labor Day weekend, more than any other city in the country. In an effort to combat the rising murder rate, one Chicago police district mounts surveillance cameras on light poles and sends out more than 100 extra officers to patrol the streets."

Worked real well eh?

seruzawa 10-27-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 196656)
Chicago is now the murder capital of the world! Obama's programs are working wonderfully! Remember, we all have to make some concessions to live in a larger society.

From Sept 2003!
"The number of murders in Chicago this year tops 400 over the Labor Day weekend, more than any other city in the country. In an effort to combat the rising murder rate, one Chicago police district mounts surveillance cameras on light poles and sends out more than 100 extra officers to patrol the streets."

Worked real well eh?

We use a different method in Utah. A 12gauge by the bed stand. Murder rate in Sandy, Utah for 2007-2008 = 0. Population = 89K. Yep. We sure want the liberals to take over in Utah. Just think how great it will be to have all that beautiful tagging in the neighborhood.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about because not having an Ivy League Law degree I don't understand the beneficial nuances of wealth distribution and corner crackhouses. Nope. We're pretty short on nuances here.

BrowningBAR 10-27-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 196637)

I have four and a half cords of wood. I guess I got a whole lotta romancin' coming my way.