Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So how much extra you going to pitch in to make their lives better Ken? How about paying my share too, since you are in such a charitable mood this morning? Bet that won't happen! I'm FROM the other side of the tracks. I understand the mentality of the people that live there lots better than you do. They are there for a reason. They don't want anything better, other than what some idiot will give them. It's like buying a drunk a drink. You will run out of money before he tells you to stop. Giving the lazy money just insures they will remain lazy, and they will never tell you to stop. Forcing them to work or starve will give them a real nice incentive to get off their ass. Welfare is a deep hole. It just creates more recipients, and the hole just keeps getting deeper.
I understand exactly since I've been on the other side as well. I learned the hard way that for the most part the poor are poor simply because they won't work. I could tell you about the minimum wage single moms who bought lunch each day rather than bring one. The single moms who refused to work one second overtime even when the boss offered free dinner and babysitting. I could go on about the druggies and people who are happy to sit hours in hospital waiting rooms and eat peanut butter sandwiches and feed their kids nothing as long as they can get free money. Oh they have a million excuses. But they simply refuse to work any more than they absolutely have to. They are scammers and they think that the middle class is a load of suckers for giving them all the free money. Just check out all the booze bought with food stamps next time you're at the Big6 Market by MacArthur Park..

It's not complex. The professional help-providers make good salaries for themselves by convincing politicians and middle class voters that they can help the poor "for just a few more million dollars". It's BS. They are charlatans. Interestingly the poor know this as well so what you have is an enabler dynamic from the govt to the poor. It's all designed to keep them poor, not help them.

No one can get you out of your problems except you. Until one learns that they are doomed to be a reed in the wind.

Last edited by seruzawa : 10-21-2008 at 10:30 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #42
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iam going to move to an Island in the south pacific and eat bananas and coconuts to stay self sufficiant, you know live off the land.

That way, I dont have to be involved in American polotics, man you guys are depressing. Could Obama be that much worse than what we have now?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #43
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So how much extra you going to pitch in to make their lives better Ken? How about paying my share too, since you are in such a charitable mood this morning?
My strategy is pretty simple; I'm sending money to the Obama campaign. It's sort of a trickle-up thing.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Could Obama be that much worse than what we have now?"

I guess that depends. If you are a lazy bum then he will probably be better because you will get more 'free stuff'. Of course, the working people will pay for their free stuff, so it will be much worse for them. Good and bad just depends on which side of the knife you are on.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #45
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

"My strategy is pretty simple; I'm sending money to the Obama campaign. It's sort of a trickle-up thing."

You, along with Hugo Chaves, Kadafi and the corpse of Fidel Castro. Ken, you have to ask youself one question, in this scary world of exploding trade centers, the resurgance of the old guard in the Kremlin, China's blue water navy, and the threat it poses, one simple question: Do you feel lucky?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Iam going to move to an Island in the south pacific and eat bananas and coconuts to stay self sufficiant, you know live off the land.

That way, I dont have to be involved in American polotics, man you guys are depressing. Could Obama be that much worse than what we have now?
We've already had much worse. LBJ and Jimmy Carter.

LBJ just might be the worst in US history. Vietnam.. 50K dead in 10 years. TheGreatsociety.. which gave us destroyed inner cities and generations of hopelessness. The Iraq War would have to go on another 46 years to hope to equal Vietnam. and at the end we'd have to hand the country over to the enemy.

Naw. Bush is a piker compared to LBJ.

Wilson? Got us into WWI. Talk about a pointless conflict.

Bush is low on the list. But I'm afraid that the bottom spot is already taken.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #47
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- The "poor" in the US have a higher standard of living than the "average" for the rest of the world. Our "poor" make more money off of the tax-payers than the incomes of those living "middle-class" lifestyles in Europe. Barry isn't going to make that better. He'll add to kitty so more can take advantage of the "working class".
Old 10-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #48
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
"My strategy is pretty simple; I'm sending money to the Obama campaign. It's sort of a trickle-up thing."

You, along with Hugo Chaves, Kadafi and the corpse of Fidel Castro. Ken, you have to ask youself one question, in this scary world of exploding trade centers, the resurgance of the old guard in the Kremlin, China's blue water navy, and the threat it poses, one simple question: Do you feel lucky?
Honestly Matt, I am absolutely confident that Obama will do just as good a job or better than McCain would. And don't even start me on Palin... Easing my concerns is the endorsement from General Powell. Here's a man whose credentials are unimpeachable by any rational measure, and he thinks Obama will do a fine job in Defense. Likewise Warren Buffet, the 1st or 2ond richest man in America who is now being turned to for answers on our current crises, endorses Obama. No worries, Matt, we'll be fine either way. I just think we'll be more fine going Democratic for a few cycles. (How's that for grammer and composition!)
Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #49
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Well Ken, I guess we'll see in November. Nice that two people of differing political backgrounds can still be civil to each other, that's what this place is all about, isn't it?

How's that bike running? Lord knows I miss it. Last night I was backing the City X into a corner (in my dreams). That's all I've got left is good memories. A life spent chasing the wind.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #50
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Thought this was worthy to post.

The official list of Republicans and conservatives jumping ship, pointing fingers or otherwise abandoning the McCain campaign.

55 entries and growing.

By Jed Lewison and Barath Raghavan.

Here's the last week's worth:
Ken Adelman (Mon Oct 20):
Donald Rumsfeld's right hand man, Ken Adelman, is the last Republican you'd think would jump ship. His reasons? Temperament and judgment. He says about Sarah Palin: "Not only is Sarah Palin not close to being acceptable in high office--I would not have hired her for even a mid-level post in the arms-control agency."
Florida GOP (Sun Oct 19):
The Florida GOP is planning to withhold about $2 million that it was planning on spending to help John McCain win the state. Instead, "Florida Republicans already are looking ahead to 2010 when Crist runs for re-election."
Colin Powell (Sun Oct 19):
Colin Powell, former 4-star general, Reagan national security adviser, Bush Sr. chairman of the joint chiefs, and secretary of state, gave a full throated endorsement of Barack Obama and indictment of the McCain campaign and the Republican party.
Frank Luntz (Sat Oct 1:
Frank Luntz, GOP pollster and language expert, states bluntly: "I think Barack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States." He adds: "John McCain cannot communicate. Stevie Wonder reads a teleprompter better than John McCain."
Susan Collins (Fri Oct 17):
Embattled Republican Sen. Susan Collins is calling on John McCain to stop paying for automated phone calls which describe Barack Obama as having "worked closely" with "domestic terrorist Bill Ayers". "These kind of tactics have no place in Maine politics," said Collins spokesman Kevin Kelley. "Sen. Collins urges the McCain campaign to stop these calls immediately."
Michael Smerconish (Fri Oct 17):
On his talk show on WPHT today, conservative Philadelphian Michael Smerconish endorsed Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.
Chicago Tribune Editorial Board (Fri Oct 17):
For the first time in the 161 year history of the Chicago Tribune, the paper has endorsed a Democratic presidential nominee: Barack Obama.
Peter Spaulding (Fri Oct 17):
McCain's New Hampshire state chairman slams the campaign's tactic of launching robocalls accusing Obama of links to terrorists.
Kathleen Parker (Fri Oct 17):
National Review writer Kathleen Parker takes another big step away from the GOP, declaring that Republicans "do not, in fact, deserve to win this time, and someone [Chris Buckley] had to remind them why."
Richard Lugar (Wed Oct 15):
Richard Lugar, the seniormost Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, came close to a full endorsement of Obama by endorsing his approach to foreign policy - specifically, his emphasis on diplomacy.
RNC (in Wisconsin) (Wed Oct 15):
The RNC is giving up on McCain in Wisconsin. TV stations report that they've stopped airing ads attacking Obama, and won't comment on the pullout.
Rush Limbaugh (Tue Oct 14):
Rush Limbaugh all but accepted the fact that John McCain had lost this election, asking Sarah Palin "have you even thought about a political future beyond this campaign?" Obviously, if Limbaugh thought McCain could win...her political future would be as Vice President.
Heather Mac Donald (Tue Oct 14):
Conservative pundit Heather Mac Donald systematically disassembles McCain's VP pick and concludes that "conservatives should not sacrifice standards for political advantage."
Matthew Dowd (Tue Oct 14):
Matthew Dowd, a former Bush strategist, let the cat out of the bag: "They didn't let John McCain pick the person he wanted to pick as VP...[McCain] knows, in his gut, that he put somebody unqualified on the ballot. He knows that in his gut, and when this race is over that is something he will have to live with... He put somebody unqualified on that ballot and he put the country at risk, he knows that."
Dennis Hopper (Mon Oct 13):
Loyal Republican actor-director Dennis Hopper is giving up on his party, at least for this election, complaining of the "lies" of the current administration and saying "I voted for Bush, father and son, but this time I'll vote for Obama."
Mickey Edwards (Mon Oct 13):
Republican Mickey Edwards, formerly a congressman from Oklahoma, distances himself from McCain, saying "today, thanks to a campaign apparently managed by Moe, Curly, and Larry, he comes across as erratic (Obama's word, but it fits), impulsive, befuddled, and ill-tempered, and apparently unable to utter any words other than 'surge' and 'earmarks.'" Edwards also plays the blame game very explicitly: "If Obama gets a big win, it will be McCain himself, and the Three Stooges calling the shots at his headquarters who will deserve whatever blame is attached for transforming a viable and energetic Obama campaign into a steamroller grinding the Republican Party into the ground."
David Frum (Mon Oct 13):
David "axis of evil" Frum gets his "I told you so" ready at the National Review and rebukes his critics who complain that he isn't cheerleading for McCain enough. He concludes: "Perhaps it is our job at NRO is tell our readers only what they want to hear, without much regard to whether it is true. Perhaps it is our duty just to keep smiling and to insist that everything is dandy - that John McCain's economic policies make sense, that his selection of Sarah Palin was an act of statesmanship, that she herself is the second coming of Anna Schwartz, and that nobody but an over-educated snob would ever suggest otherwise."
Ray LaHood (Mon Oct 13):
Rep. LaHood, who has represented Illinois' 18th district for seven terms and is retiring in January, told WBBM Radio that Palin should control the racially-charged heckling at her rallies: "Look it. This doesn't befit the office that she's running for. And frankly, people don't like it."
Michelle Malkin (Mon Oct 13):
Michelle Malkin expresses her disappointment in McCain after learning that "John McCain had no problem calling ACORN members his friends during his ill-fated illegal alien shamnesty crusade." She concludes, "We're Screwed '08."
Erick Erickson (Mon Oct 13):
Erick Erickson, "editor in chief" of RedState.com, is giving up on McCain: "With only a few weeks left until election day, let's be blunt: McCain-Palin '08 does not seem to be making headway against the polling." He suggests that McCain needs to choose between himself and senate/house Republicans, and suggests that his readers focus on downballot races: "The Republican numbers in the House and Senate can be salvaged, but in the next few weeks there must be a realistic assessment from the McCain campaign regarding winning his own race versus helping Congressional Republicans mitigate their losses."
Ed Rollins (Mon Oct 13):
Rollins, who managed Reagan's 1984 campaign: "And while chaos and disarray reigned supreme in Sen. Barack Obama's opponents' campaigns, the steady, disciplined and strategically driven Obama campaign marches forward toward likely victory."
Bill Kristol (Mon Oct 13):
Kristol: "It's time for John McCain to fire his campaign. He has nothing to lose. His campaign is totally overmatched by Obama's."
Lee Terry (Mon Oct 13):
In Nebraska, a Republican representative, Lee Terry, ran a newspaper ad featuring support from a woman who called herself an "Obama-Terry voter."

Last edited by MOKE1K : 10-21-2008 at 08:20 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote