Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You guys quit crying. It's just one of the many concessions we all have to make to live in a larger society. I figure when the free shyt gets good enough, I'm going on the dole too. I could do it now, but I want more free stuff for poor old me!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
You guys quit crying. It's just one of the many concessions we all have to make to live in a larger society. I figure when the free shyt gets good enough, I'm going on the dole too. I could do it now, but I want more free stuff for poor old me!
Written from LR's private Libertarian Paradise, where he has his own power, water, food, and transportation infrastructure...except he sent the message on the gummit built Internet...
Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Unless you are a complete loser, my Paradise is way better than yours.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #24
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Unless you are a complete loser, my Paradise is way better than yours.
So I have to be a complete loser to have a Paradise better than yours? Ok, if you say so...didn't think you were that bad off my friend!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe your comprehension is off today. I'm just fine, and so is my Paradise. I don't ask for 'free stuff', or to 'tax the rich' or to 'bail me out, I'm a victim' like all the Obama supporters seem to want. That is the definition of a loser; take care of me because I'm too stupid, too lazy, or too much of both to take care of myself. You have to be a complete loser to want any of those things. All I ask is the Gov to tax me very little and leave me alone. I'll take care of myself just fine. Just think if everyone else wanted the same instead of a handout because they happen to consume oxygen. That is the definition of Paradise.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Written from LR's private Libertarian Paradise, where he has his own power, water, food, and transportation infrastructure...except he sent the message on the gummit built Internet...
You mean he uses the 0.000026% of the World Wide Web that's NOT in Private hands?

I never knew that about him.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You mean he uses the 0.000026% of the World Wide Web that's NOT in Private hands?

I never knew that about him.
Even if the gubmint built the internet, well, longride paid for that too. So did I. So did you. Looters didn't though. Anyone who worked a job and paid taxes during the last two decades should get cheap internet. All others have to pay double by the hour.

Now THAT's fairness. Those who work get the benefits. Those who don't work get nothing. THAT's real economic justice. That other economic justice you hear about is just a shakedown scam run by criminals and supported by the same.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #28
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe your comprehension is off today. I'm just fine, and so is my Paradise. I don't ask for 'free stuff', or to 'tax the rich' or to 'bail me out.
But that's just the point, you accept 'free stuff' every day, stuff that is paid for by taxpayers. Unless you don't use the roads, rely on the police and fire departments, send your kids to school, eat government subsidized farm crops, ride in airplanes controlled by the FAA...that's just the stuff that's off the top of my head. That's the big flaw in pure Libertarianism, virtually nobody in this nation is self sufficient, thus to act like you are is a fantasy.

Sure, there are abuses in the system where undeserving people benefit. But I'd rather deal with the tiny percentage of abuse than to see the country turn into some sort of Social-Darwinist death camp. BTW: do you know what recent Presidency had the lowest number of citizens on Welfare? Was it Regan? Bush 1 or 2? Nixon? None of the above. Clinton did.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Your point is wrong and useless. I paid for the 'free stuff' I use because I pay taxes. Public services and roads are necessary, as is a military. Don't welfare recipients get to use the roads too? They didn't pay a f*cking dime. Just because somene breathes does not make them entitled to 'free money'. Here is a quick quiz. Do I get my health care free? Do I collect food stamps? Do I get my housing paid for? Do I collect a check without working? Do I get money for my illegitimate children that I can't take care of? Do use handouts as a lifestyle. All Obama supporters do. Every person that does this supports the guy that wants to give them more for nothing. Clinton had the least number of citizens on welfare? Wouldn't that be the same time period that the Republicans were in charge of the House and Senate? It sure would. Nice job by them eh?

Little quote:

"Four years ago this August, a Republican Congress pushed a reluctant President Clinton to sign a bill that ended welfare as we had known it. But since the 1996 welfare-reform act expires on September 30, 2002, its eventual fate is not yet clear. Much will depend on how the law's impact is viewed. So far, it certainly seems to be a success.By June 1999, welfare rolls had fallen an amazing 49 percent from their historic high of five million families in March 1994. That's nearly seven and a half million fewer parents and children on welfare."

Let's not give BJ Billy credit for something he had nothing to do with.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I don't mind paying my share of taxes for roads, police, fire and medical etc. I don't even mind kicking in to help the people temporarily down on their luck and the disabled, what I can't stand is able bodied men and women sitting on their ass's with their hands out. Get the f*ck up and get a job or starve, don't give me this "won't do demeaning work" crap, you can pick up garbage on the side of the road if you can't do anything else. Just do something productive for a change. If you've addled yourself through drug and alcohol abuse there's not much we can do for you, life's full of harsh lessons and you just failed one of them. Hopefully the church or some charity can help you.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote