Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #41
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
God I have to quit coming to this site.....
Don't you start, we know what you've been up to......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #42
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Dude, I have nothing against you. Everyone here thinks you are a pretty good guy, and I agree with that. Your 'tax the rich, they deserve it' attitude is what I have something against. They don't deserve getting screwed for being successful any more than you do. I hate to tell you this, but most college eduacted people are making lots more money way easier than you. Are some struggling? Sure. Compare the struggling of them to that of the uneducated, and it pales in comparison. Just look at who is looking for Gov handouts these days. It isn't the engineers, lawyers, or programmers. You can take this for what it is worth, that your grammar online is like your appearance in person. It speaks volumes about you. If you refuse to take the time to take a shower or dress yourself decently in public, people tend to avoid you, just as posters here avoid people that don't take the minimum time to spell correctly or structure a sentence properly. It just makes you look bad. Giving it an effort makes people think that you actually made an effort to think about your response. Think about it.

Well I have thought about your response, and truly I'am ok with not structuring a sentance very well. Iam also ok with misspelling words from time to time. I think its you that's not ok with it. But if your to judge someone on these shallow characteristics alone, I fear your political standpoints are swimming in the same boat.

As far as my mentality, I dont chose to judge someone based soley on how correct their grammer is on line.
Remember we are'nt on Welcome to www.librarian.com its a motorcycle
site dude, last I checked?

Listen theres tons of hard working people out their that dont make over 250k a year, that work themselves to the bone, dont ever ask for handouts, and raise their children with the same beliefs and values.

That mentality that you orcastraight seems to group everyone together that misspells a word (or five)into a lazy, stay at home, on wellfair, not having a job, handout kind of person(s). Which again is a very shallow outlook,imo.

Sure their are some, but there are also corrupt successful people at the top of the food chain that take advantage of every situation possible. The first place I would look to start is the poloticians. Taxing someone that is successful is not what Iam after, but taxing them in this time of need to make our countries economy grow, I'am for. I dont agree with major corporations getting hugh tax breaks, when the mom and pop stores go out of buisness. Whens the last time you saw a Mom & Pop motorcycle dealer? They are all but extinct.

I dont hate anyone I havent met first,in person. I would never judge someone based on what I know from them on line. Call me crazy but I'am not that shallow.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not going to insult you, but your comprehension of what I wrote is skewed a bit. First, I didn't lump people that can't spell into any category other than how serious you can take arguments from someone that doesn't take the minimal time to make a post semi-readable.

"Taxing someone that is successful is not what Iam after, but taxing them in this time of need to make our countries economy grow, I'am for."

Well, if you had a basic understanding of how economic growth is achieved, you would know that taxing successful people is the easiest way to kill economic growth. Cutting taxes is the way to stimulate growth.

"I would never judge someone based on what I know from them on line. Call me crazy but I'am not that shallow."

Well, I don't know if you are crazy, but your words tell everything about you online. I'm sure you are a decent guy that wants the best for our country, but taxing success and redistribution of wealth from the successful to the lazy won't do a thing except ruin this country. Think about it.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

You should appreciate this proverb:

In Chicago, you should vote Republican while you're alive, because you can always vote Democrat when you’re dead.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #45
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
I'm not going to insult you, but your comprehension of what I wrote is skewed a bit. First, I didn't lump people that can't spell into any category other than how serious you can take arguments from someone that doesn't take the minimal time to make a post semi-readable.

"Taxing someone that is successful is not what Iam after, but taxing them in this time of need to make our countries economy grow, I'am for."

Well, if you had a basic understanding of how economic growth is achieved, you would know that taxing successful people is the easiest way to kill economic growth. Cutting taxes is the way to stimulate growth.

"I would never judge someone based on what I know from them on line. Call me crazy but I'am not that shallow."

Well, I don't know if you are crazy, but your words tell everything about you online. I'm sure you are a decent guy that wants the best for our country, but taxing success and redistribution of wealth from the successful to the lazy won't do a thing except ruin this country. Think about it.
I dont agree that a persons words on line comprehends who they are or tells you everything about them.

I deffinatly dont agree on distributing wealth to the lazy. I also think alot of people that cant make their mortgage are not all lazy, isnt that pooling them all together though?

I for one, have never collected unemployment even if I was able to, I'v always gotten another job. I do hate when people take advantage of the system, beit rich or poor. People that have 18 kids for example but dont have a job and are on welfare. Yes that burns me up.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #46
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I dont agree that a persons words on line comprehends who they are or tells you everything about them.

I couldn't agree more. Sure, some of us are better with English composition and grammer than others, but so what? Some guys ride faster than I can, it doesn't diminish my riding one bit. Likewise, the fact that there are misspellings or grammer errors doesn't diminish the significance of the content of the post. Einstein couldn't spell worth a damn...but his intellect and contribution were never in question because of it. BTW: MOKE1, you've put up a lot of interesting, on-topic threads on the site. Thanks!

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 10-21-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #47
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wheew, Thanks Ken, I needed that! Felt like I was getting beat up in here.Hehehe.

Now how come I could'nt have stated it in those words,....dam!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #48
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So if I spell like crap I can be Einstein! I have hope! Thanks Ken!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
So if I spell like crap I can be Einstein! I have hope! Thanks Ken!
Isaac Asimov had an IQ off the scale and couldn't open a can of beans. Maybe we got something here.

Maibee we r Jeenyusis.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I figger the dumbber I speaks the smaartterr I's becomes!