Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Obama was also head of the deadly "Grade 2" Weathermen cell when he was 8. A lot of people don't know that; you just can't get the truth from the Liberal Media.
The classic straw man argument. No one ever said he hung out with Ayers when he was 8.

He hangs out with him now. Knowing everything Ayers did, he held a political event at Ayer's home and served on a school board with him.

If McCain palled around with Timothy McVeigh, would you be concerned?

Of course, we executed McVeigh. Clinton pardoned Ayers.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The classic straw man argument. No one ever said he hung out with Ayers when he was 8.

He hangs out with him now. Knowing everything Ayers did, he held a political event at Ayer's home and served on a school board with him.

If McCain palled around with Timothy McVeigh, would you be concerned?

Of course, we executed McVeigh. Clinton pardoned Ayers.
I guess when the truths about a candidate are so universally damaging the only defense is derision and the complicity of the running dog media. Just wait until the RICO indictments come down on ACORN with so many Rat leaders involved.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
It was sarcasm... But even so, this is also the classic "Guilt by Association." You know a guy who sells crack, therefore, you are a crack dealer too. Sachi, correct me if I'm wrong, but that concept went out sometime shortly after the Salem witch trials.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- Love ya like a redheaded step-brother, but the Ayers line about Obama being 8 is lame. The point is that Ayers is a figure associated with domestic terrorism- period. He'll always carry that label because he believes to this day that he was right and the gov't caused his assault in the first place. That and the fact that he'd do it again if he thought he could get away with it.
The difference between Obama/Ayers relationship and McCain/Keating is this: Obama has no issue hanging out with a guy that the FBI would prefer to have behind bars. Whereas, McCain found out Keating was a crook after their relationship started. "the 5" were investigated with the end result being that "the 5" used "poor judgement" in their association with Keating- yet McCain (and others) broke no laws. All involved dissolved their relationships with Keating, as well. Obama's use of poor judgement with Ayers has changed nothing about their relationship.
Not that voting will matter (because Obama has the EC votes locked up), but I'd rather vote for a guy that corrected his blunder with past associates than vote for a guy that's in denial about is current associates.
In the end I will vote for Bob Barr. Libertarians rule!!
If it makes you feel better I'd vote for the Massiah if it we between him and Nader.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I guess when the truths about a candidate are so universally damaging the only defense is derision and the complicity of the running dog media. Just wait until the RICO indictments come down on ACORN with so many Rat leaders involved.
My own personal wacko theory is that the Clinton team is going to take Obama down. If Hilary every wants to be President, there is no way she can let Obama win.

If he wins, she can't run again for 8 years. She needs McCain to win so she can run in 2012.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
In the end I will vote for Bob Barr. Libertarians rule!!
Oh yeah!

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
My own personal wacko theory is that the Clinton team is going to take Obama down. If Hilary every wants to be President, there is no way she can let Obama win.

If he wins, she can't run again for 8 years. She needs McCain to win so she can run in 2012.
You forgot, he said he plans to be President for at least 10 years. I guess that means he's megalomaniacal enough to believe the Constitution will be amended to allow him more terms.... President for Life if you will. I guess it's possble. They'' just keep expanding Acorn to stuff the ballot boxes.

Read "Rules for Radicals" by Obama's guru to see what's in store for us.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I guess you never heard "You are judged by the company you keep". If he pals around with criminals, terrorists, and nutty preachers, what SHOULD we think of him??
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #19
12er
Founding Member

So if we rise up and overthrow these clowns like our founding fathers figured would happen every 20 years or so then were all Domestic Terrorists and will "disappear" to Guantanamo? Isnt the entire basis of the 2cnd about keeping armed militia's just for an instance mentioned above? Nah, the R's are right, Bow to Government control and eat your straw sheep. Every single pol is just as guilty as O or Mc. They all associate with criminals, or are themselves on a daily basis. Where do we draw the line on who's criminals are ok and who's are not?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So, in essence, you are saying Obama is just as bad as every other politician??