Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,448
Default

And to make matters worse I'm a freeking cripple so if my job tanks at this software place (which it just might) I can't go back to my old jobs as 1: auto mechanic 2: smog man 3: plumber 4: painter 5: rag picker 6: motorcycle basket case rejuvinator & seller. Soon it might be trailer park city, which means tornados and little yapper dogs. Oh well, at least there's still beer. I mean, how much time do I have left anyway? 20 years, tops? It's been fun, but it's hell seeing everything go down the toilet so quickly. Mutter..mumble..curse...feh...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #12
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
I'm only half as smart. I pulled 1/2. Trying to drum up the courage to buy low. Haven't done it yet don't know if I'm clear on the difference between courage and foolhardy.
Well, tomorrow should be interesting as short selling can commence again. It will either be an unmitigated disaster and we'll be down 300-800 points again, or it will be the start of the short term up-swing.

Personally I hope we keep moving down for a bit as I am hoping oil continues to drop to at least $74 per barrel. I am holding on to hope that oil slides to the low $60s.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
pplassm
Founding Member
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875
Default

Apparently, the video is back, without some of the captions.
__________________
Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Apparently, the video is back, without some of the captions.
Yeah, the hedge fund couple (who are real people) didn't like the fact that SNL was recommending that they should be shot.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #15
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
And to make matters worse I'm a freeking cripple so if my job tanks at this software place (which it just might) I can't go back to my old jobs as 1: auto mechanic 2: smog man 3: plumber 4: painter 5: rag picker 6: motorcycle basket case rejuvinator & seller. Soon it might be trailer park city, which means tornados and little yapper dogs. Oh well, at least there's still beer. I mean, how much time do I have left anyway? 20 years, tops? It's been fun, but it's hell seeing everything go down the toilet so quickly. Mutter..mumble..curse...feh...

I'm on the 20 year plan my self. It changes the paradigm, doesn't it.
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
And to make matters worse I'm a freeking cripple so if my job tanks at this software place (which it just might) I can't go back to my old jobs as 1: auto mechanic 2: smog man 3: plumber 4: painter 5: rag picker 6: motorcycle basket case rejuvinator & seller. Soon it might be trailer park city, which means tornados and little yapper dogs. Oh well, at least there's still beer. I mean, how much time do I have left anyway? 20 years, tops? It's been fun, but it's hell seeing everything go down the toilet so quickly. Mutter..mumble..curse...feh...


I still think you should do the crazy Nam vet routine. Get an old boonie hat and tiger stripe coat and let the dog drag 'em around for a week, a nice pair of hammered jungle boots, let your hair and beard grow for a year or two then sit out on the corner somewhere pounding 40's and mumbling about Nan Trang and crossin' the f*ckin' border maaaan...yell incoming and start shaking your chair every once in awhile...

Hell it'd be something to do..fun watching the citizens freak, might even make a couple of bucks............
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I still think you should do the crazy Nam vet routine. Get an old boonie hat and tiger stripe coat and let the dog drag 'em around for a week, a nice pair of hammered jungle boots, let your hair and beard grow for a year or two then sit out on the corner somewhere pounding 40's and mumbling about Nan Trang and crossin' the f*ckin' border maaaan...yell incoming and start shaking your chair every once in awhile...

Hell it'd be something to do..fun watching the citizens freak, might even make a couple of bucks............
Funny now, you see some panhandling "Nam Vet" who isn't nearly old enough to have been in Nam. l
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

I believe me and Cuddy are classified as "VietNam Era" vets because we joined in '75. Lots of guys on the boat were at any rate.

He's good to go, besides if you smell bad enough no one will ask anyway
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I believe me and Cuddy are classified as "VietNam Era" vets because we joined in '75. Lots of guys on the boat were at any rate.

He's good to go, besides if you smell bad enough no one will ask anyway
Douse yourselves in nouc mam. That'll clear the room and you can have to TV controller to yourself. Works every time.... well it actually clears the whole concert hall.....
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off