Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I never lock my car. My first convertible was a AH Sprite, and I locked it in the parking lot at school. When I came out, the top was slashed open, and my tape deck was gone. Thus I had to buy a new top and a new tape deck. Since then I've never locked a soft-top, and I don't leave stuff anybody would swipe.

My question is: since the UK is famous in my business (security) for having more cops and video cameras per square inch than anybody else in the world, and they have their utterly dominant nanny state, how come they have so many thieves to begin with? I gather you get a free ride there just for showing up...

What's a weed whacker worth on Ebay? Maybe it's time for a new career.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I never lock my car. My first convertible was a AH Sprite, and I locked it in the parking lot at school. When I came out, the top was slashed open, and my tape deck was gone. Thus I had to buy a new top and a new tape deck. Since then I've never locked a soft-top, and I don't leave stuff anybody would swipe.

My question is: since the UK is famous in my business (security) for having more cops and video cameras per square inch than anybody else in the world, and they have their utterly dominant nanny state, how come they have so many thieves to begin with? I gather you get a free ride there just for showing up...

What's a weed whacker worth on Ebay? Maybe it's time for a new career.
Giving stuff to people that they haven't earned eventually turns them into criminals. Give out handouts and the people who receive them become unable to work and resort to extortion to get more free stuff. Most people realize this about spoiled children but somehow seem to think that it's different with adults. A welfare/nanny state guarantees an increasingly criminal population. Giving more handouts to pacify the demand only creates more demands for free handouts.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Giving more handouts to pacify the demand only creates more demands for free handouts.
Is it true that the Zon/Non campaign has promised free crack, smack, and weed to everyone? And that alcoholic beverages will be heavily subsidized?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Is it true that the Zon/Non campaign has promised free crack, smack, and weed to everyone? And that alcoholic beverages will be heavily subsidized?
Yes. All your dreams will be realized if you vote for Zod/Non. A life of ease and plenty awaits. Zod/Non will do everything for you. We have learned well by observing your own Republicrats' campaigns. Everything you wish will be yours if you vote for Zod/Non.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
If it means more votes, than yes. We pander to all voting markets.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Oh, and if you are going to blame Bush for everything, you might want to blame the government in general than pretending one party is somehow better/worse than the other. Note the article is dated 1999:

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
Published: September 30, 1999
In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I noted the change to the campaign platform and added "An autographed ion cannon" to my signature/platform. We do have to make sure we stay on the same message.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Oh, and if you are going to blame Bush for everything, you might want to blame the government in general than pretending one party is somehow better/worse than the other.
BUY Bushwood? He wants to BUY Bushwood?

None other than George Washington said that the ultimate result of political parties would be their existing only to serve themselves at the expense of the citizens. Which parallels the remarkably accurate "Iron Law of Oligarchy."