Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Figure out how to persuade your fellow voters what programs or services (or stupid wars) to cut, and then complaining about taxes may make sense. But as long as we have a majority of voters who demand programs and services (or permit stupid wars) that cost X billions or trillions of dollars, we're going to need to impose taxes to pay for it.

In CA, all it would take to balance the budget (in fact, to get a surplus) is to cut its prison population in half with a more sensible penal code. But the voters have made it clear that every litterbug deserves a prison sentence, and a long one at that. So we get to pay for it.

Quit complaining about taxes. Get to the source - complain about stupid and useless programs. (And then try to get a majority to agree.)
What? Don't waste time with any logic. It's every real American's birthright to complain as loudly and long about taxes as they like. And they do. But since they pay them taxes why worry about the complaining? The time to worry is when you start to see politicians and bureaucrats hanging from lamp poles.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Come on up to our Sanctuary City here in the Bay and do whatever you want. SF cops, uh I'm not sure what they do other than collect a ton of overtime wont do anything to anyone. And if you by chance happen to fall into their car our DA will let you go just as fast. That is if and when she is ever on the job instead of out stumping for a certain Democratic presidential candidate. Or take BART over to Oakland where the City Gov has been looting the coffers and Juicing in there gang affiliated spawn. Only 200 missing city vehicles in Oakland, cant find them all I guess. You could aways head north to Richmond and see how well the Green Party is handling crime, and then run over to Antioch to see how grand Section 8 housing in your neighborhood works. But this is mostly local Gov so fed tax rates dont really matter. What does the Fed do for us again? Oh yeah, raid our state licensed pot clubs as going after the underground traffickers is just way too much trouble. What were we talking about again?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The smartest thing the republicans ever did was convince everyone that big government was bad. De regulation has screwed up everything it touches from the rail and trucking industries to the airlines, housing and now financial markets. government oversight was what kept these capitolist pigs from f*cking everyone in sight with extravagant bonuses while the working men and women see their real incomes decline and their jobs get shipped over seas.

We are the government, of the people and for the people. Instead of dismantling every safe gaurd against corporate profiteering that was enacted with the New Deal we should be rigorously enforcing them. We're already on the slide to another depression thanks to 8 years of blindly moronic "leadership" by bush and his ass-bandits and a do-nothing congress. It's time to take back the government from the lobbyists and special interests and use it for what it was designed for, to serve the common good.

When American corporate fat-cats off load jobs they should be fined and penalized not revered with stock options and multi-million dollar bonuses...ideally they should be burned at the sake and their children sold as slaves but real punishment has fallen out of favor here. Fines and additional tariffs on offloaded American goods will probably have to do.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
government oversight was what kept these capitolist pigs from f*cking everyone in sight with extravagant bonuses while the working men and women see their real incomes decline and their jobs get shipped over seas.
Put down the Kool-Aid and back slowly away.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Put down the Kool-Aid and back slowly away.

forget it, I'm on a roll

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
The smartest thing the republicans ever did was convince everyone that big government was bad. De regulation has screwed up everything it touches from the rail and trucking industries to the airlines, housing and now financial markets. government oversight was what kept these capitolist pigs from f*cking everyone in sight with extravagant bonuses while the working men and women see their real incomes decline and their jobs get shipped over seas.
I wish I'd said that.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I wish I'd said that.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are big government in action.

Check the 1999 legislation (Clinton) requiring lenders to extend loans to unqualified borrowers so everyone could own a home.

Also check who the people running the joint are supporting for President.

#1 in campaign contributions from FannieMae/FreddieMac?

Chris Dodd

#2 Barack Obama

This is not a failure of the private sector. It's a total failure of Big Government.

I wish I'd said that...

Oh, I just did!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are big government in action.

This is not a failure of the private sector. It's a total failure of Big Government.

I wish I'd said that...

Oh, I just did!
Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac are private corporations Buzz, just like the Fed. You didn't know that? They are owned and operated by private shareholders. The only thing the government does for them is keep the shareholders from losing money when they F' up. Nice work, if you can get it.

Here's a link, do some reading:

What Are the Origins of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 09-18-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac are private corporations Buzz, just like the Fed. You didn't know that? They are owned and operated by private shareholders. The only thing the government does for them is keep the shareholders from losing money when they F' up. Here's a link, do some reading:

What Are the Origins of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae?.
Yeah, FDR, capitalist pig.

If MO's existence was guaranteed by the taxpayer, do you think Pete, Fonz, and Duke would ever work?

They are NOT private corportations. I own a company and my existence is not underwritten by the Fed. If I take risks that don't pan out, I lose.

Funny, when people were buying houses via stated income loans and flipping them and making tens of thousands of dollars, no one was complaining.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
?

They are NOT private corportations. I own a company and my existence is not underwritten by the Fed. If I take risks that don't pan out, I lose.

Funny, when people were buying houses via stated income loans and flipping them and making tens of thousands of dollars, no one was complaining.
Buzz, you can't deny reality. They're both private corporations, they have stockholders, they pay dividends, they have a Board of Directors, they sell a product, they are NOT a government agency.

As for the house flipping, anybody with half a brain knows you can't magically create a million dollars just because a price went up. The whole economy for the past years has been based on the absurd notion that real value is created from nothing...people were dumb to believe it for a second.

At least the .com boom had something behind it. Here we are, on the Web, buying everything from car insurance to motorcycle parts...real value was created there.

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 09-18-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote