Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #41
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I never said any of that stuff.

This is fun. You didn't know that the glue that holds the Rat party together is the theft of money from those who work to handout to those who don't?
And you didn't know that the only "tax cuts" the Republicans ever enacted were for the richest 2% of the nation? My taxes haven't gone down since they've been in power, have yours? You didn't know that government has grown faster and larger under the Republicans than at any time in history? You didn't know that instead of investing our tax dollars here in the US the Republicans have thrown away trillions of dollars on a useless war that benefits only the oil companies and the military industrial complex (that a famous Republican, Ike, warned us about decades ago? You didn't know that your personal freedoms have been thrown out the window over some terroist bogeyman that should have been handled by the police? You didn't know that the Republicans have given tax breaks to major companies who import good US jobs overseas, where the workers are paid 20 cents an hour?

You're right, this is fun!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
And you didn't know that the only "tax cuts" the Republicans ever enacted were for the richest 2% of the nation? My taxes haven't gone down since they've been in power, have yours? You didn't know that government has grown faster and larger under the Republicans than at any time in history? You didn't know that instead of investing our tax dollars here in the US the Republicans have thrown away trillions of dollars on a useless war that benefits only the oil companies and the military industrial complex (that a famous Republican, Ike, warned us about decades ago? You didn't know that your personal freedoms have been thrown out the window over some terroist bogeyman that should have been handled by the police? You didn't know that the Republicans have given tax breaks to major companies who import good US jobs overseas, where the workers are paid 20 cents an hour?

You're right, this is fun!
Sorry there KMo, but that class warfare crap doesn't wash with me. The standard "rich don't pay taxes" line is total BS.

The rich get hammered. I got proof.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #43
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Sorry there KMo, but that class warfare crap doesn't wash with me. The standard "rich don't pay taxes" line is total BS.

Class warfare my ass. Bush cut taxes on the richest 2%, the Federal Deficit has grown in proportion, and the average Joe is going to pay it off. The only class warfare going on here is the war on the middle class, waged by and for the Republican elites.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #44
12er
Founding Member

My question is how can McCain change what he's been a part of for 30 years? He was pro abortion in 00, now against. In 00 I as a dem might have voted for him, but now its just plain scary. Especially if he kicks it and Pres Palin comes online as MS. Cheney only more religious (and scary religious to boot, speaking in tongues during the debate?)... Additionally what repub is going to work with him on "change" when they would have to admit they were wrong, and of course the Dems wont work with him as he is a repub. So what would McCain actually achieve if elected other than progressing the extreme right? I am by no means defending Pelosi and Reed... Can we just start over clean? I am not voting for an incumbent this year, if I have to cross parties I'll happily do it. "No Incumbents 08!"
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #45
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Divide and conquer baby, divide and conquer!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #46
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Class warfare my ass. Bush cut taxes on the richest 2%, the Federal Deficit has grown in proportion, and the average Joe is going to pay it off. The only class warfare going on here is the war on the middle class, waged by and for the Republican elites.
Ay carumba!

If you want to trade tax bills, I'll be happy to any day.

You can't cut taxes for people who pay no taxes. The bottom 50% of wage earners in this country pay 0 taxes. I'm not counting SS and Medicare which screws everyone.

After the tax cuts, revenue to the treasury increased. That's right KMo, increased.

Spending is the problem. The Republicrats spend us into oblivion every year.

I live in CA which is the most leftist state in the nation. We have brutal income taxes and we're 20 billion in the hole and the left winger solution is to raise taxes again.

Politicians aren't heroes, even the ones who write two autobiographies by the time they're 45.

I just vote for the ones who will phck me up the ass the least.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #47
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
My question is how can McCain change what he's been a part of for 30 years?
This Modern World | Salon Comics
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #48
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Ugh, that was painful to read. I hate Salon.

Corbert and Stewart seem to be the only ones able to produce decent political humor these days.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #49
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

You're right about that, they sure aren't cutting my taxes. I didn't even get Booshes $600 bucks and my g/f is a Jewish accountant, believe me, I get every deduction under the sun..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
You're right about that, they sure aren't cutting my taxes. I didn't even get Booshes $600 bucks and my g/f is a Jewish accountant, believe me, I get every deduction under the sun..
My Jewish accountant is a Jewish accountant too!

By The Messiah's standard, you're rich and don't pay your fair share.