Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Amazing! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/9435-amazing.html)

seruzawa 09-08-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 193070)
That's strange that there are so many in China, Mexico and Russia - countries where the private-ownership of firearms is strictly forbidden, with substantial prison-penalties for the violation of this ban.

And of course, Nigeria (and all other African nations surrounding it) must be among the Safest places to live in the World - with so few guns in civilian hands...............

Most definitely, given the source of all this information, it can be assumed that it is extremely accurate.

A lot of these countries still allow people in rural areas to own long guns for control of predators. Farmers and such.

sarnali2 09-08-2008 10:50 AM

It's no wonder they have food problems if they treat their farmers like predators, who do they expect to grow their food if they shoot them all?

jeeeze....

Kenneth_Moore 09-08-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 193153)
A lot of these countries still allow people in rural areas to own long guns for control of predators. Farmers and such.

You might be interested to know that Barack Obama has a strong record of defending the Second Ammendment. This stems from his years as a Constitutional scholar. Then again, you may not be interested to know that.

longride 09-08-2008 11:42 AM

Which Second Amendment? The one that he interprets, or the one in the Constitution?

Obama's own words when asked this question:

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

See? We have 'rights', but he will make sure that your 'rights' fit in with his definition of your 'rights'. You didn't even know this guy's name until this year. He was a nobody Senator before he turned into your darling. He has done nothing for Illinois since becoming MY Senator. Nothing. All the BS in the world won't change that.

Kenneth_Moore 09-08-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 193166)
Which Second Amendment? The one that he interprets, or the one in the Constitution?

In his book, Obama made one of the most sensible points about this I have ever read or heard: "the Constitution doesn't tell us what to think, it tells us how to think." (My italics) In other words, the Founders really couldn't have considered every possible scenario for the future, and trying to take it literally 200+ years later doesn't make sense. So, it's reasonable to think that Obama supports the Constitutional right to bear arms, but can also see that having fully automatic weapons available in crowded urban areas may not be a wise choice. Life, to me, is a matter of shades of gray; when you try put everything into black and white, you're not really thinking, just reacting. For example, many conservative strongly believe in individual freedom, yet have no issue whatsoever with intervening in a woman's reproductive decisions; which is certainly among the most private areas of life you could think of.

seruzawa 09-08-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 193166)

Obama's own words when asked this question:

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?

A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

See? We have 'rights', but he will make sure that your 'rights' fit in with his definition of your 'rights'. You didn't even know this guy's name until this year. He was a nobody Senator before he turned into your darling. He has done nothing for Illinois since becoming MY Senator. Nothing. All the BS in the world won't change that.

Why, longride, I do think you are as tired of arrogant smarmy ivy league lawyers as I am.

Kenneth_Moore 09-08-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 193168)
Why, longride, I do think you are as tired of arrogant smarmy ivy league lawyers as I am.

Yeah, well McCain is a brain-dead old fu<k who was 2ond from last in his class and the rich son of two generations of Navy Admirals and who dumped his sick wife and had an affair while she was in the hospital with some rich ***** who's carried him since and Palin is a traitor who's a member of a party that hates the US and couldn't lead her way out of a wet paper bag, let alone meet Biden in a fair debate SO THERE NYAH NYAH NYAH!!!!

BrowningBAR 09-08-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 193180)
Yeah, well McCain is a brain-dead old fu<k who was 2ond from last in his class and the rich son of two generations of Navy Admirals and who dumped his sick wife and had an affair while she was in the hospital with some rich ***** who's carried him since and Palin is a traitor who's a member of a party that hates the US and couldn't lead her way out of a wet paper bag, let alone meet Biden in a fair debate SO THERE NYAH NYAH NYAH!!!!

Wow.

seruzawa 09-08-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 193180)

Why are you bringing that up? I don't like McCain either. I'd like to see the Obamas take a vacation flight to Vietnam with McCain in the ****pit. And Biden? If anything shoes Obama's lack of judgement it's his choice of that nut for VP...."You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent." LOL!

Still, being at the bottom of Annapolis is like being in the top 10% of most any other University.

So there, ha ha poop on you.

Kenneth_Moore 09-08-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 193187)
Why are you bringing that up? I don't like McCain either. I'd like to see the Obamas take a vacation flight to Vietnam with McCain in the ****pit. And Biden? If anything shoes Obama's lack of judgement it's his choice of that nut for VP...."You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent." LOL!

Still, being at the bottom of Annapolis is like being in the top 10% of most any other University.

So there, ha ha poop on you.

Everybody says stupid stuff except LR, so I'm ok with that crack. But supporting a self-proclaimed "hocky mom" over a man who moves easily with heads of state around the world, and has decades of legislative and diplomatic experience, really leaves me stumped. Of all the frickin Republicans who coulda walked into this gin joint, he picks HER? Google her speeches sometime and listen to her talk. If you really think she's the right choice after that, then I'll vote for Zod.