Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Global warming update.

Went to Denver over the weekend to loot my brother-in-law's estate and damm it was 47 degrees and raining. Coldest temperature for August since 1885.

Only saw about 3 bikes all weekend. Definitely those Denver bikers wouldn't last a week in Seattle.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Went to Denver over the weekend to loot my brother-in-law's estate and damm it was 47 degrees and raining. Coldest temperature for August since 1885.

Only saw about 3 bikes all weekend. Definitely those Denver bikers wouldn't last a week in Seattle.
Alaska has been b!tching about having a cold summer, also. Global Warming is really kicking in!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Earlier this year, John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel, stated that manmade global warming is “the greatest scam in history,” adding, “I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a scam.” Coleman said the theory of global warming is based on fraudulent science.

DOHERTY: NEW SCIENTIFIC DATA JUSTIFIES REPEALING GLOBAL WARMING RESPONSE ACT | Politicker NJ
Old 08-18-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Earlier this year, John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel, stated that manmade global warming is “the greatest scam in history,”

He's way late. I stated the same thing many years ago. Anyone with a brain could see the political ends to the 'Global Warming" nonsense. It became the darling of "2 Grand A Month Electric Bill Al" and the Liberal crowd, which should always be a big red flag for any thinking human.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

47 and raining?....that's when you think about putting the lining back in your jacket......

So far this summer has been mostly 60's and low 70's with a few upper 90's scorchers thrown in. Next few days are supposed to be low 60's severe weather warning for the coast, inland waterways and the foothills, thunderstorms, upto 2 inchs of rain and gusts up to 35 mph with the snow level down to 6500 feet.....Not quite what we'd expect for August.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 08-18-2008 at 09:26 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

An expert from the National Autonomous University of Mexico predicted that in about ten years the Earth will enter a "little ice age" which will last from 60 to 80 years and may be caused by the decrease in solar activity.

Translated version of http://www.milenio.com/mexico/milenio/nota.asp?id=651680
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
47 and raining?....that's when you think about putting the lining back in your jacket......

So far this summer has been mostly 60's and low 70's with a few upper 90's scorchers thrown in. Next few days are supposed to be low 60's severe weather warning for the coast, inland waterways and the foothills, thunderstorms, upto 2 inchs of rain and gusts up to 35 mph with the snow level down to 6500 feet.....Not quite what we'd expect for August.
We've had mostly 90s since June but only one day over 100 so far which is quite unusual. Usually we have a couple of weeks over 100. Dang I love this type of global warming... more rainfall (reservoirs are full) and nicer summers. Bring it on! More global warming! Time to get a two stroke! Use my chainsaw more. Remove the cat from the Subaru. That's the ticket.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Jet stream has moved nicely. Here in CA were in record drought, ski season has sucked the last few years and everything is on fire. But it has been cooler than normal...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

weird weather alright. August and September are usually our summer months with dry upper 80's and 90's. We've had a few hot days here and there but mostly it just can't seem to break out of the low 60's & rain like today. To be honest I really don't mind it but a little summer would be nice.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote