Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Default Molly Flogging

Greetings Mofos.

I have taken my wife's Yamaha XT225 as my own. I have named it Molly and I live to flog her (the bike). It has no power. It has lousy brakes that make entertaining Screeeeeeching sounds when you attempt to stop. It is cold blooded and sometimes it won't start.

No less than three times in the last week police have flashed their lights at me to slow down. I shall not slow down, as momentum is precious. It must be maintained at all costs and limits be DAMNED. I am incapable of riding it at the speed limit anyway. Floglicious!

I don't ride it on the highway as I am mildly insane, not suicidal.

Molly returns maximum value upon the dollar. I was not kind and it still returned an honest 75mpg. I even went wild and crazy and paid the extra twenty cents and filled it with premium! Spare no expense!

Now that I have found happiness with ?15? horsepower what is next? I enjoy shifting through four gears to get through an intersection. I like it when the grass in the backyard gets slick with dew as that makes it easier to donuts on Molly.

I sometimes even let my wife ride her bike.

In conclusion I had forgotten the old adage that it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. I had forgotten how much fun moto-minimalism could be.

Shun me if you must...
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

That's why I use to race a stock DT2 Yamaha Enduro in vintage MX races. Most of the "trick" bikes like Maicos, CZs, Huskys and stuff would blow up by the 4th lap, and I'd cruise to a good finish, usually in the top 5. They hated it when I'd beep the horn as I went sailing by. Yes, slow bikes are the best.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well here's a little ditty for your riding pleasure...

YouTube - Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Cuddy, was the DT2 a two stroke?

Some sneaky bastard stole the kickshifter off of the XT225 and left a little rubber plug behind. It even says "Kick shifter" on the case where it used to be.

The bike does have an anemic little red button that barely does anything no matter how hard you kick it. I think I should retrofit the bike with a kickstart. In case the battery runs low and a moose roars out of the underbrush looking for rough mooselove.

One has to consider these things when you live in the woods.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Yo Sarnali, that was a great video. They look like they would fit into Boston proper, but they are a [gasp] west coast group (??).

The Dropkick Murphys are a fun local band from this side o'the country.

As an aside I was looking through the photos that Fonzie took when they went on their recent MotoGP boondoggle and I was shocked by what I saw. It was a picture of a menu and on it were prices for beer. Some heathen bastards wanted $6.50 for a pint (and it better be 20 goddamn ounces!) of Guinness.

I admit I am a bit behind the times but what in the WILD WORLD OF SPORTS is going on over there in California???? $6.50? I would have stroked out right there and then. Perhaps that is why the menu was laminated? To ward off blood stains? Agggggh.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Zod is pleased.

Ahhh. Another convert to my wisdom. Another Terran worthy of my rule.

Zod also enjoys ripping through the neighborhood on his wife's Yamaha 125 scooter all the while laughing like a Canopan Hyena-lizard. No one laughs at Zod. They don't wish to be vaporized.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Zod would make a great name for a cleaning product in case your political career doesn't take off.

Behold the power of ZOD! Grape juice, the blood stains of mortal enemies, shame, and even the acrid stench of failure are all washed away by ZOD!

Available at fine retailers throughout the tri-county area.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
Zod would make a great name for a cleaning product in case your political career doesn't take off.

Behold the power of ZOD! Grape juice, the blood stains of mortal enemies, shame, and even the acrid stench of failure are all washed away by ZOD!

Available at fine retailers throughout the tri-county area.
You laugh now, worm. You won't be laughing when President-for-Life Zod opens the neutron mines on Ganymede.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Geez, Zod.

Perhaps you should open the Bran Mines first?

I guess absolute power constipates absolutely?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebeast View Post
Yo Sarnali, that was a great video. They look like they would fit into Boston proper, but they are a [gasp] west coast group (??).

The Dropkick Murphys are a fun local band from this side o'the country.

As an aside I was looking through the photos that Fonzie took when they went on their recent MotoGP boondoggle and I was shocked by what I saw. It was a picture of a menu and on it were prices for beer. Some heathen bastards wanted $6.50 for a pint (and it better be 20 goddamn ounces!) of Guinness.

I admit I am a bit behind the times but what in the WILD WORLD OF SPORTS is going on over there in California???? $6.50? I would have stroked out right there and then. Perhaps that is why the menu was laminated? To ward off blood stains? Agggggh.
$6.50? Thats a bargin! One of the reasons I quit drinking, cant afford it.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote