Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Sarnali was saying? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/8898-sarnali-saying.html)

sarnali2 07-17-2008 02:14 PM

No you can't. However you can attack the cause of the problem which was turning them loose in the first place. Bring back involuntary commitment and reopen the mental health facilities, establish Alchohol Impact Areas like Tacoma has and ban the sale of fortified wine and hi content malt liquor. That program has been extremely successful in making downtown Tacoma a more people friendly place, an article in todays TNT reports they're expanding the area from the Hilltop and Eastside to Lincoln Park. The work the PCS has done against meth labs and halting supplies coupled with Alchohol Impact Areas and tryin to get the cronic offenders into treatment has shown positive results. Yes it cost money and tax dollars but if Pierce county can do it then Metro Seattle with it's much larger tax base and larger problem can too.

As usual they're to busy worrying about some wino's rights than the rights of law abiding citizens to enjoy the amenities their city has to offer. Why do you think so many people are moving to the eastside and south end? they're just sick of dealing with this sh*t and worrying about their kids safety. My fiance lives in Seward Park which is as you know, very Old Money but her daughters or her can't even go to the Safeway just past Genesse without being accosted by some panhandler and thats with a full time Seattle patrol car on site. Absolutely ridicules, and yet nothing can be done because being a leech and pestering isn't against the law..

That's why so many people are moving out where I live in East Pierce County, we just don't want to deal with those people, we have enough to deal with with our local tweekers.

sfcdjevans 07-17-2008 03:11 PM

I remember who put the mentally ill back out on the street. Anybody done a cost/benefit analysis on that?

In the end it was kind of ironic.

Seriously though I think the problem was they were too nice. I mean really. A million for a ****ter? How about a roof, a privacy screen about 3 feet high starting at 2 feet off the ground. That's it. It would have provided what it was really meant to do without offering privacy for, well, the great unwashed amongst us. So you come and pump them out on occasion. Can't be ignitin' mogas and diesel downtown. Stir numbnuts, stir...

longride 07-17-2008 05:57 PM

How about we just kill em and get it over with. No whining here.

longride 07-17-2008 06:00 PM

"You can't deal with complex problems with simplistic answers."

Sure you can. Kill em. Simple and effective.

sarnali2 07-17-2008 09:53 PM

I'd rather ship them to Mexico, let them deal with our refuse for awhile, god knows we've got plenty of theirs

longride 07-18-2008 05:53 AM

"If they are looney bastards how do you propose they can perform in a work camp?"

If they can beg for money, they can work. Another simple solution. No whining.