Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
From the study regarding why US kids eat mo' drugs:

A recent report in The Lancet suggested that the U.K.'s universal health care system limits prescribing practices there.
Sure. When you are limiting the baby druggers that's a good thing. However I'm not so sure that limiting the cancer treatment drugs is such a good idea.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Yeah well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Sure. When you are limiting the baby druggers that's a good thing. However I'm not so sure that limiting the cancer treatment drugs is such a good idea.

Them things cost money ya' know....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Them things cost money ya' know....
I can tell you if we had socialized medicine I'd be dead right now.

I had diagnosis, surgery and scans all within the time it would have taken me to get an APPPOINTMENT in a socialized country.

Having recently been in Greece, friends there told me it takes more than a month to even see a Dr. much less schedule surgery. They've probably never even heard of a PET scan machine.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

I had diagnosis, surgery and scans all within the time it would have taken me to get an APPPOINTMENT in a socialized country.

Having recently been in Greece, friends there told me it takes more than a month to even see a Dr. much less schedule surgery. They've probably never even heard of a PET scan machine.
That's alright. The rich, the politicians and the bureaucrats can get quick appointments and treatment. The rest of the population (riff raff) doesn't deserve it and there are too many of them anyhow.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:

yeah, you lucked out have a dermotologist that was on top of things. I went to my GP half a dozen times over a year or so about a spot that kept coming back. He'd burn it off and it'd be back in a few months. It wasn't till he retired and I saw a PA about it that it was properly diagnosed as a Basel Cell Carcinoma. I have a standing referal now to a Dermotologist, check ups every 6 months etc. that I have a handle on it. They crop up all the time now, payback for being fair skinned and hanging out in the sun all my life.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
yeah, you lucked out have a dermotologist that was on top of things. I went to my GP half a dozen times over a year or so about a spot that kept coming back. He'd burn it off and it'd be back in a few months. It wasn't till he retired and I saw a PA about it that it was properly diagnosed as a Basel Cell Carcinoma. I have a standing referal now to a Dermotologist, check ups every 6 months etc. that I have a handle on it. They crop up all the time now, payback for being fair skinned and hanging out in the sun all my life.
Well I'm not fair-skinned but I did hang out in the sun my whole life. Melanoma can even strike us swarthy types.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Well I'm not fair-skinned but I did hang out in the sun my whole life. Melanoma can even strike us swarthy types.
Well you're lucky you caught it. Melanoma is not good.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It was in jest...

My som's Mom has terminal cancer, and I'm pretty unimpressed with their results so far. Seems like they just throw chemos and radiation at it. Nobody even talks about the non-standard stuff. Her former employer just dropped her (she'd been on LOA for almost a year) and she has to go to Cobra. I don't blame her employer, actually they were really nice. But now the Cobra coverage is denying everything. It's probably a moot point, in the last few months it's gone from her breasts to her lungs to her brain, and last week, her liver. It just kills me to think my little guy (he's 9) will grow up with no Mom. I'll be there, but shoot, I don't want this to happen. He's as nice and sweet a kid as you'd ever meet. Smart too, just made Honor Roll in his Exceptional Ed classes. It's hard to figure out what God's up to, sometimes.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #19
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

Quote:
It was in jest...

My som's Mom has terminal cancer, and I'm pretty unimpressed with their results so far. Seems like they just throw chemos and radiation at it. Nobody even talks about the non-standard stuff. Her former employer just dropped her (she'd been on LOA for almost a year) and she has to go to Cobra. I don't blame her employer, actually they were really nice. But now the Cobra coverage is denying everything. It's probably a moot point, in the last few months it's gone from her breasts to her lungs to her brain, and last week, her liver. It just kills me to think my little guy (he's 9) will grow up with no Mom. I'll be there, but shoot, I don't want this to happen. He's as nice and sweet a kid as you'd ever meet. Smart too, just made Honor Roll in his Exceptional Ed classes. It's hard to figure out what God's up to, sometimes.
Hi Ken,

That is terrible. Has she considered clinical trials?
Home - ClinicalTrials.gov

Clinical trials are a mixed bag, but considering her insurance problem and the aggressive form of cancer she has they may be a "good" option for her.

Best of luck,
Cheese
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
It was in jest...

Even at it's best allopathy is a hit or miss proposition. We get lulled by the constant din of propaganda, but the fact is that the medical profession's reputation is more fiction than fact. Sorry about all that, but many times there's just nothing that works.