Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   The Rounders and Rider Magazine (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/7992-rounders-rider-magazine.html)

sachiwilson 05-04-2008 03:29 PM

The Rounders and Rider Magazine

The June issue of Rider has an article about the Rounders beginning at page 112. Check it out! And (*ahem*) yours truly is mentioned at page 119. :D

longride 05-04-2008 04:51 PM

Cool Sachi. I didn't realize I have been a rounder for about 30 years now. Never rode below zero though.

Kenneth_Moore 05-04-2008 05:07 PM

Our very own Sachi a published motorcycle celebrity! Nice going, congratulations!

Speaking of motorcycle celbrities, did I mention I just finished a beta test for Addmorelighting.com? Yeah, they asked me to do some heavy-lifting engineering work on their new LED light kit for the new Givi PLX-35 saddlebags. They were 80-85% there, nice kit, really. I made some suggestions regarding kitting the system out a bit better to save buyers trips to Radio Shack like I had to make. Oh gee, I'm just walking all over Sachi's moment here. Sorry, sorry there, old bean.

Buzglyd 05-04-2008 05:14 PM

Well the 30s is about as low as I've gone.

Anything less and I'm taking the car. You know how cold it gets here!

sachiwilson 05-04-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 183957)
Our very own Sachi a published motorcycle celebrity! Nice going, congratulations!

Speaking of motorcycle celbrities, did I mention I just finished a beta test for Addmorelighting.com?

Hey cool! I like their stuff. I was out in the garage hooking up their lights for my Givis today.

And it's not *my* moment -- I just wanted to pass on a cool article about the Rounders. It's a great site, and if you think you'd fit in I encourage you to check it out!

sachiwilson 05-04-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 183959)
Well the 30s is about as low as I've gone.

Anything less and I'm taking the car. You know how cold it gets here!

Yeah, you have to head for the hills in January or February to see anything like cold. Still, electrics are helpful in the winter! :D

sarnali2 05-04-2008 09:11 PM

Freezing is about my limit unless the air is very dry, otherwise the moisture can form Black Ice. I know I've mentioned this before so I won't bore you however safety first, it's not about balls it's about coefficients of traction. I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..

Kenneth_Moore 05-05-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 183962)
Hey cool! I like their stuff. I was out in the garage hooking up their lights for my Givis today.

And it's not *my* moment -- I just wanted to pass on a cool article about the Rounders. It's a great site, and if you think you'd fit in I encourage you to check it out!

I was just dying to find some way to get my little Beta test adventure into the conversation!

I'll check out the site, but the idea of me "fitting in" anywhere does seem pretty ridiculous, don't you think?

KLAZY KEN SAYS ROUNDERS ROUNDUP COMING ROUND TO YOU!!! Nah, never work.

seruzawa 05-05-2008 07:08 AM

I'm with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 183974)
Freezing is about my limit unless the air is very dry, otherwise the moisture can form Black Ice. I know I've mentioned this before so I won't bore you however safety first, it's not about balls it's about coefficients of traction. I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..

I have no problem with rebellion in general. I just avoid rebelling against the laws of physics.

There's a big difference between being adventuresome and outright stupidity. Riding when there's a chance of black ice falls in the latter category.

sachiwilson 05-05-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 183974)
I ride all year round myself but I'm not going to risk my life or bike damage to prove a point..

No one is trying to prove that point. We just encourage people to ride when they can. I don't (or, well, I didn't) ride when there was ice or snow up in Seattle. Some of the Rounders do ride in snow, but they have bikes that are designed or modified to do it. My bikes aren't, so I would have parked it during those rare times. I did ride going below freezing, though, when it was dry.