Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default And for my next trick...

...Damn Frenchmen again doing crazy stuff. If they've got balls enough for this kinda stuff, why can't they win any wars? You'd think staring down the barrel of a VZ24 would be child's play after watching them do this....egads...

Biertijd.com // Media » Mountain Wingsuit

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Wow. I mean really, wow! Neat link.

Cuddy, didja ever see a movie from the 60's, maybe the 70's, about skydiving? It followed this gang of hip skydivers through a bunch of adventures and romance. Throughout the movie, a guy was testing a set of batwings that looked almost exactly like what these guys are using. I think the "good guy" kept telling the "loser guy" not to use it because it was too dangerous. The big finale of the movie was when the loser guy flew the suit into the ground...
Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah Ken, I kept thinking of the Bullwinkle & Rocky show (or was it the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show?). "Shoot down flying squrriel Boris..." One guy wants to mount a set of wheels on his suit so he can land like a plane. Some folks jus got too much time...
Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

I was kinda hoping you'd find your pen, again. I need a primer on Scotch presented in a historical, documentary,novel format Or bikes.....

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 02-23-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Oh yeah motorcycles.......
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks SfC, been kinda bummed out lately with the workload going way above and beyond anything I'm use to. Then there's that pneumonia deal and a couple UTIs knocking the wind outa my sails. But fear not, I'm dredging up some real arcane stuff on two wheeled vehicles and should have something real soon. And this time I just won't make it up, honest injun.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Sorry to hear. All I've got is Isoniazid amd Indomethacin I don't know if it would help, besides after postage and all....

ps Your fiction is pretty good....

pps KM I do vaguely recall this movie

Last edited by sfcdjevans : 02-23-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: So at each junction a reality in another dimension begins...
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
pps KM I do vaguely recall this movie
The Skydivers is a 1963 film directed by Coleman Francis. It stars Kevin Casey, Eric Tomlin, Anthony Cardoza, and Marcia Knight. The film contains performances by influential Nashville guitarist Jimmy Bryant. After being forgotten for three decades it got a second life in 1994, serving the basis for a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode.

At a tiny airfield in a small, dusty California town, husband-wife team Harry and Beth run a jump school. The husband rebukes his old girlfriend, Suzy, who hooks up with his fired mechanic Frankie to seek revenge.

Coffee is a major plot point and seems to continuously serve as a basis for dialogue. The film ends with a curiously grim credit sequence of star names and head shots, but no music.

At one point, the film was the lowest-rated of all time on the Internet Movie Database.

Time to head to Netflix!

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 02-24-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Because I'm the Daddy, that's why!
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote