Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Hey Ace!

I think we (and when I say “we”, I mean me) inadvertently deleted your AMA thread you created. It seems it came up as a double post, and then when the thread was merged it somehow disappeared. If you feel like reposting it, go ahead. Just wanted to give you a heads up incase you thought MO has been taken over by the AMA dictatorship.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

Ace is posting stuff about Doctors?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

It was a great rant. I am not sure if I can duplicate it now. I will put better thought into it and try again tomorrow. I was wondering what happened. I have started writing for a local rag called Road Rash. I've never been much of a writer but I figured with all the cr@p we let fly here and my keen sense of observation I'd try writing for entertainment value. Did you read any of my post? Was it working for you or should I try a different approach? Just wondering....
Old 12-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
It was a great rant. I am not sure if I can duplicate it now. I will put better thought into it and try again tomorrow. I was wondering what happened. I have started writing for a local rag called Road Rash. I've never been much of a writer but I figured with all the cr@p we let fly here and my keen sense of observation I'd try writing for entertainment value. Did you read any of my post? Was it working for you or should I try a different approach? Just wondering....
I read it. Here's the content:

"OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I read it. Here's the content:

"OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, I thought I was communicating in an articulate manner. Guess I'm glad it got deleted by accident.

Really, I am a huge mc racing fan and right now it looks like the AMA is in worse shape than Gustaf's Pro Racing Series. I feel sorry for those guys. They really need a professional outfit that can run the racing series. The AMA has major issues across the board but since I am more interested in the racing side that's what I focused on. I don't like the fact the Britsh SuperBike has a higher standing in the racing world than our AMA. They're a freakin' tiny island with a few tracks compaired to America. If we can't put on a professional effort for the fans and promoters then what's the point. Everyone that races here thinks that the AMA is a stop-gap. Ask Neil Hodgeson and he'll tell you that. H3ll, ask Ben Bostrom and he'll say it, too. We have great racers and some fantasic tracks but we're merely third world in motorcycle racing. It can all be so much better than it is. That's all. I promise I won't bug y'all about it anymore- this week.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Man, I thought I was communicating in an articulate manner.
I think Kenneth is just really bad at shorthand.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I think Kenneth is just really bad at shorthand.
Yeah, but I did get the gist of it, didn't I?

BTW: in the now infamous "Missing AMA Post," I noted that I think the AMA should divest themselves from racing and focus on advocacy for motorcyclists. There is more than enough work in that venue to keep them busy. And I agree that someone like Bill France's company or another professional racing management company, should take that role.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Ha! You know what happened? You and I both deleted a different thread! So they both hit the skids.

Good grief, Mods gone mad!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default That's a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Yeah, but I did get the gist of it, didn't I?

BTW: in the now infamous "Missing AMA Post," I noted that I think the AMA should divest themselves from racing and focus on advocacy for motorcyclists. There is more than enough work in that venue to keep them busy. And I agree that someone like Bill France's company or another professional racing management company, should take that role.
So it'll never happen. The AMA will apply the tried and true though ultimately insane and all too human principle that it is better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven. They will never let go of the power no matter how much it hurts them.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
pplassm
Founding Member

You guys hear whjat happened at the AMA? Apparently the new president fired a lot of senior staff over support of "the new vision".

AMA Coup Attempt Follows Firing Of Staffers Responsible For Membership Development And Official Magazine News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

Edit: Oops. I guess that's what you guys were talking about all along.

Sorry, I was out buying a CR500.

Last edited by pplassm : 12-13-2007 at 03:57 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote