Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 12-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

What an ass, it makes you wonder how empire building toffee noses get in those positions in the first place

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
What an ass, it makes you wonder how empire building toffee noses get in those positions in the first place
It's almost as if they hired a "real" businessman to run the company. Problem is the businessman doesn't know squat about the passion of motorcyclist. I believe it's high time that our racing series is broken away from the AMA bureacracy. The AMA can keep the name recognition but let the France family run the day to day and let Live Nation run promotion and strike a deal with FIM so the only differences between our bikes and WSB are the tires.
So the series would be the Rock Star Energy Drink/AMA Superbike Championship brought to you by Live Nation.
The 2009 classes would be: Superbike, FX, Supersport, SuperSingles, and the Rookies Cup with Moto-ST at select rounds.
On double-header weekends you could see: practice on Friday from 9am to 12pm, Superbike qualifying @ 1pm, SuperSingles qualifying @ 2pm, Moto-ST practice and qualifying at 3- then @ 4 run the Moto-ST 4hr: Saturday practice 9-12- FX qualifying @ 1pm, Superbike race 2pm, FX race @ 3pm, SuperSingles race @4pm, Superbike qualifying race 2 @ 5pm: Sunday practice 9-12, Supersport qualifying @ 1pm- race @ 2pm, Superbike @ 3pm (live TV), and Rookies Cup practice and qualifying @ 4pm- race @ 5pm.

Hey- is anyone writing this down- this all just came flowing out. Wow- wish I had promoter monies.
Anyway- I hate the current system because it makes our Pro Racing effort look bad and as a proud American I believe we can CRUSH any racing series out there (with the exception of the deep pockets in MotoGP). So, aim high and never let someone else believe they can do it better than you- it the American way.
See how easy that was to work out.....
Old 12-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Gee Ace, couldn't you just stick with: "OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Gee Ace, couldn't you just stick with: "OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess I wasn't done with my rant. I'm better now- really. I'll put up with another lame AMA run racing season and enjoy it when Jamie Hacking pulls the upset and wins the Superbike title for Kawasaki. No- I'm not a Kawi fan I grew up on Yamahas. Would be interesting to see Hodgeson win it with the Honda, though.