Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgrayfellow View Post
Here's a grieveance for ya-- in typical government fashion, even though I am not taking leave when I return from Iraq this month, I have to submit a leave request (for zero days) and also have to complete and sign a travel risk assessment(although the only travel I'll be doing is to the likkor sto').
Could be worse. At least you don't get met at the airport by hippies who call you babykiller and throw dogshyt on you. Not that they still wouldn't like to.

As far as the liquor trips go, just don't get between Buzglyd's house and the Liquor Barn. Should be fine.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Could be worse. At least you don't get met at the airport by hippies who call you babykiller and throw dogshyt on you.
If you miss the good old days, I'm sure I can fling some dog sh!t at you.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Could be worse. At least you don't get met at the airport by hippies who call you babykiller and throw dogshyt on you. Not that they still wouldn't like to.
One of the things I learned along the way was that those of us who opposed the war in Vietnam didn't separate the soilders who were fighting it from the dumbass politicians who sent them there. That was a mistake. Hell, a big percentage of the soilders were draftees anyway, it wasn't their idea.

With Iraq, a lot of people, me included, think our military is doing a tremendous job dealing with a bad situation that the leadership put them in. I think you can support the troops and not the war, just like you can support your country, but not it's current government.

BTW: I don't say these things lightly. Three generations of my family are buried in Arlington National, from the Spanish-American War to WWII. My Dad served as well, although he wasn't career Army like others in my family.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
pushrod
Founding Member

SGF,

Again, thank you for your service! Hope you are home for Christmas!

There are way too many guys coming back and screwing up, many times fatally. Please hit "terra Homa" softly until you re-calibrate.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Some of us were....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
One of the things I learned along the way was that those of us who opposed the war in Vietnam didn't separate the soilders who were fighting it from the dumbass politicians who sent them there. That was a mistake. Hell, a big percentage of the soilders were draftees anyway, it wasn't their idea.

With Iraq, a lot of people, me included, think our military is doing a tremendous job dealing with a bad situation that the leadership put them in. I think you can support the troops and not the war, just like you can support your country, but not it's current government.

BTW: I don't say these things lightly. Three generations of my family are buried in Arlington National, from the Spanish-American War to WWII. My Dad served as well, although he wasn't career Army like others in my family.
...."smart" and joined other services to avoid the Army and Vietnam. You can see how well my clever plot of joining the Nav worked.

I know that a lot of people have separated the two out like you. However you can still tell the ones though who still want to scream "babykiller" when you listen to the Hollywierd lefties. They know they can't get away with it is why they don't. They still depict the average soldier as dumbasses and violence freaks in a lot of movies.

I'd put the level of education of the average soldier against that of the average actor or TV host any day of the week. Fewer high school dropouts. I'd bet on the troopers' IQ's being higher too.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

[quote=seruzawa;175065
I'd put the level of education of the average soldier against that of the average actor or TV host any day of the week. Fewer high school dropouts. I'd bet on the troopers' IQ's being higher too.[/QUOTE]

And now for the most outrageous insult to the soilders: paying mercenaries from Blackwater et. al. ten times what the real soilders are making! WTF are we doing spending billions in tax money on mercenaries, and not giving our guys good health care (Walter Reed), the equipment they need, etc.? It makes me sick.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:02 AM   #18
pplassm
Founding Member

That Walter Reed thing was waaaay overblown. I was there in the middle of it. The yellow press was at it again.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #19
vermicious
Registered Member

Ken, I'd say wtf are we doing paying mercenaries at ALL. I find it ironic that we're outsourcing one of the more fundamental responsibilities of the federal government while simultaneously increasing federal involvement in many things that should be outside of the federal government's purview.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
Ken, I'd say wtf are we doing paying mercenaries at ALL. I find it ironic that we're outsourcing one of the more fundamental responsibilities of the federal government while simultaneously increasing federal involvement in many things that should be outside of the federal government's purview.
Mercenaries don't have to play by the same rules. They can do all kinds of stuff that the military wouldn't tolerate in their troops.

The biggest attraction is that mercenary groups become more like personal armies for various govt officials.

There were mercenary units in Vietnam and some had a base in Danang harbor. If one of our boats got too close to their base they would shoot warning shots at us so we stayed strictly away. IMHO the rumors about atrocities in Vietnam were stories of the actions of these unaccountable hired thugs the CIA and other rogue agencies used and continue to use.