Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 04-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

How about if we prove how effective driving a cage can be. How about hitting a brick wall at 40mph with your motorcycle, and then do the same with your 5 star crash rated auto. Which one do you think you would prefer? Oh yeah, you can wear your helmet during the test on the bike too! So we sould have car laws now?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #72
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy bob View Post
If you want proof of how effective wearing a helmet can be, have a friend put one on, and then smash his head against the wall. Now have him remove the helmet and try it again. Which one do you think he will prefer
Hey There jimmy bob! I just checked on the internets. Helmet laws still suck.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #73
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I'd bet that skiers are a greater burden on public health care costs than motorcyclists BY FAR.

Here's why:

Motorcyclist - All drivers are required by law to carry insurance. So if a biker gets hurt he's quite likely to be covered.

Skiers - No insurance requirements. You should see the packed buses of deadbeat college strudents on their way to cheap ski days courtesy of student discounts. They even sell liquor at the resorts. Any bum can pay a few bucks and run into a tree and end up paraplegic or quadraplegic... and often do. The numbers of deadbeat skiers are appalling as any hospital collection office will tell you.

And how about ATVers? These people fill the emergency rooms in the summer. Yet where are the outcries to deny them any public assistance if hurt while riding without helmets? They aren't required to have insurance.

One can only conclude that the belief so common amongst people that only motorcyclists are to be singled out for govt oppression because of their "dangerous" pastime is evidence of mental illness. It is vicious and irrational to single out bikers like this. After all the biggest cause of death in auto accidents is.... head injuries. Where's the outrage?

Helmet law fascists can all DIAF/PC. Or better yet. Hit in the head by a falling chunk of blue ice from a passing airliner.... shoulda worn a helmet dude!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #74
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Helmets prevent Global Warming.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #75
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Helmets prevent Global Warming.
You don't give a hoot, do you?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #76
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
I work from home and only drive about 5-10 mile a week.
I don't use city water (well).
I have over 120 energy efficient bulbs in the house.
We have an energy efficient washer and dryer.
My house is 267 years old and made of field stone, horse hair and mud(if that isn't recycling, I don't know what is)
All of our vegetables are from local markets.
Most of our meat and poultry is from the local butcher and ranches.
We have a compost mound to cut down on garbage waste.
We are installing two wood burning stoves in August to cut down on oil consumption by 75%.
We will be installing Geothermal Heating/Cooling in the next 5-10 years (sorry, it’s a bit expensive)

And, no, I do not believe in Global Warming. I do more than 70-80% of the population in terms of being efficient when it comes to daily consumption, but yet, I am still "dumb" for not believing in Global Warming".

Figures.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #77
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Just think what could be accomplished if we could get Al Gore to follow your example!

Last edited by longride : 04-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #78
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Well, I DO give a hoot. I always hoot the enviro-nuts. 90% of whom use more electricity than I do. I have some solar power, you see.

I just don't give a f()ck.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #79
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, I DO give a hoot. I always hoot the enviro-nuts. 90% of whom use more electricity than I do. I have some solar power, you see.

I just don't give a f()ck.
I've been looking into some wind power. Some do-it-yourself kits. We get a good amount of wind here. Do I think it will reduce my energy bill greatly? Probably not.

But, if I can get that working I will set up a large scale version on the land in Northern Arizona. I get more wind over there.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I've been looking into some wind power. Some do-it-yourself kits. We get a good amount of wind here. Do I think it will reduce my energy bill greatly? Probably not.

But, if I can get that working I will set up a large scale version on the land in Northern Arizona. I get more wind over there.
We don't get enough steady wind. I use solar cells and 12V battery storage to power my cabin. At home we bought a new furnace and tankless water heater and even xeriscaped half the property to conserve water. The funny thing is that none, absolutely none, of my wife's very liberal hypocrite relatives have done any of those things. They don't vanpool or commute on buses or motorcycles. My lefty "tax the rich" niece lives 5 minutes from a light rail stop but drives to the University each day because otherwise it takes "too long".

I guess that voting a certain way makes up for all sorts of personal hypocrisy.

Last edited by sachiwilson : 04-21-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: helpful accuracy
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote